Customer Support Manager at Latch
Latch is seeking a Customer Support Manager to oversee our Customer Support team. You will help hire, train, and manage the next phase of Latch’s above and beyond customer support team as they embark on new challenges and opportunities posed by a plethora of new LatchOS software offerings. Latch’s Customer Support team focuses on all general customer support inquiries and all app/platform based issues. Latch has a separate dedicated Technical Support team that owns all hardware support and troubleshooting. This role will work closely with Technical Support, as well as the Customer Success team, which rounds out the Customer Experience organization. You will report to the Senior Director and Chief of Staff of Operations.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Create job descriptions and interview, assess, hire, and train all open roles
- Perform quality control audits of team’s work
- Provide 1-1 guidance on current role performance and career progression
- Write and disseminate urgent support communications both internally and externally
- Create and manage Support on-call schedule and ensure proper support staffing at all times
- Provide insights, metrics, reports, and access to tools for executive review and product research
- Educate and brief team on new features and releases
- Participate in rotating Support on-call schedule
- Build and refine processes and SOPs
- Own all Customer Support team Zendesk configuration and reporting
- Own all team SLAs including resolution, satisfaction, efficiency, and customer effort
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience as Zendesk admin required
- Experience in a customer experience, customer service, or operations role. Early stage startup experience is a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Very comfortable on the phone and breaking down complex systems for wide audiences
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems, as needed
- High level of intuition and ability to prioritize tasks independently
- Strong attention-to-detail and organization
- Confident working with data and data tools. An ability to quickly analyze data to tell a story and identify areas for operational improvement
- Experience working with high-profile accounts, and advising on overall support needs and statuses
- Problem-solver who understands how to work with a variety of stakeholders throughout the Customer Journey
- Seasoned hiring manager with an eye for talent and development
- Proven success in highly cross-functional environments with varying degrees of ambiguity
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.
Applicant Privacy Notice