The Smartling Customer Support team provides exceptional technical support to our customers and platform users. Customer support is responsible for managing, resolving, and preventing problems by providing consistent, top-notch customer service and product expertise. You're a great match if you are quick to learn a new product, analytical, and driven to help customers solve problems.
Tasks at hand
- Provide best-in-class customer support via channels such as email, phone, and chat.
- Can go deep troubleshooting software and network issues using tools like Splunk, FullStory, Chrome Developer Tools, and cURL.
- Diagnose and solve customer problems, escalating when necessary.
- Direct users to relevant product documentation and resources as questions arise, empowering customers to be better Smartling users.
- Identify gaps in resources and documentation to support future issue deflection.
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines to solve problems.
- Execute administrative tasks, and manage translation requests for our priority support customers.
- Plan, organize, and prioritize your work - this role wears many hats!
- Advocate for product improvement and change.
- Proactively contribute to process and service quality improvement.
- Customer-centric mindset and an affinity to solve problems.
- Capacity to empathize with users in a way that demonstrates you care about their issue and can be relied on to solve it.
- Ability to make decisions to promote quickly and accurately resolutions to users.
- Ability to explain complex problems in simple terms.
- A desire to deliver a best-in-class customer support experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer support role.
Nice to have
- Experience with customer service platform, such as Zendesk.
- Experience with web development tools, such as Firebug and Chrome Developer Tools.
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes and/or be fluent in other languages.
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic. Translates high-level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan.
- Team outings (Baseball games, happy hours, etc).
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.