Who are we?
At Sealed, we’re unlocking comfort, value, and efficiency in aging homes—and transforming energy, finance, and home improvement along the way.
With Sealed, it’s easy and affordable to solve the problems that make houses too hot, too cold, and too wasteful. In partnership with energy utilities and certified contractors, Sealed finances key home improvements using the money homeowners currently waste on energy.
Homes are renewed from the inside out—all without increasing homeowners’ monthly bills. Upgrades like HVAC, insulation, air sealing, and smart home technology transform the way a home feels and functions. Sealed coordinates projects from beginning to end, and we stand behind our work. If we don’t reduce a home’s energy use, we don’t get paid.
Sealed is backed by a $5 billion global investment firm and has major partnerships with large utility companies like Con Edison.
Based in New York City, Sealed was founded by Lauren Salz (CEO, Forbes 30 under 30, former McKinsey) and Andy Frank (President, energy efficiency veteran).
Learn more at sealed.com.
What will you do?
Sealed’s business is built off of a long-term relationship with customers that lasts up to 20 years. As a Sealed Customer Support Specialist, you are the face of the company for this relationship, responsible for answering all post-sale questions and issues. Specifically, your responsibilities include:
- Resolve customer support issues in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide timely and accurate responses to inbound customer inquiries / complaints
- Track NPS and other customer sentiment metrics
- Provide feedback loop to Sales and Service regarding customer trends and overall customer experience throughout our Service Journey
- Collaborate with rest of Customer Support team, as well as cross-functional peers to respond and resolve customer inquiries
- Provide insights on drivers of customer sentiment
- Execute customer surprise and delight initiatives
What success looks like
Sealed customers are happy, well informed, and likely to refer their friends, family, and neighbors. Every quarter, Sealed NPS score rises to new highs, with customers remarking about how friendly and responsive Sealed is at all times. Customer support data is well documented and organized, driving insights that the rest of the company can use to do even better.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a customer support role with a high growth company
- Familiarity with ticketing systems like Zendesk, Salesforce, Intercom, etc.
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Intermediate reporting / Excel skills.
- Exceptional writing and email composition skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Nice to have
- Experience in building out the systems and processes for a growing support department
- Knowledge of home improvement or weatherization
- Familiarity with basic energy and financial terms/concepts
You are at your best when helping your team to help others. Working with a sense of urgency, you still never make any customer feel rushed when they raise a concern. A stickler for details, you appreciate a well-written, personable email and know how to put a positive spin on any issue.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Stock options
- Health benefits
- Paid family leave
- Flexible work environment: work from headquarters office in NYC or remotely from anywhere within the US