Customer Support Specialist
Our customers are the heart of our business and we need you to help them.
Have you ever gone to a New York City restaurant and ordered a bottle of wine from the Bordeaux region of France to celebrate your friend’s birthday? Or sampled a Heady Topper in Brooklyn and discussed its merits as the best beer in the country?
SevenFifty likely helped power that exchange by connecting the winemaker or brewer with the bar or restaurant. Once done by paper pricebooks, we’re building a platform that connects the three tiers of the beverage industry (makers, distributors, restaurants/retailers).
We’re building a community and we’d love to have you on the team.
SevenFifty is growing fast and every new customer needs support — that’s where you come in. Our Customer Operations team members field requests from the buyers, sellers, and distributors on our platform.
Currently a team of 3, you’ll work with a tight-knit group to keep our customers happy.
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
What you’ll do:
- Be the first point of contact for our restaurant, bar, and retailer customers who have questions about or are experiencing difficulty on SevenFifty.
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to inquiries over the phone and through email
- Screen new signups for importer/supplier users to ensure that all users granted access to SevenFifty are confirmed active members of the beverage alcohol trade.
- Answer questions and troubleshoot issues from customers regarding SevenFifty’s platform.
- Contribute to external and internal documentation by writing help center articles for our users and documenting processes and products internally in our knowledge base.
What you'll have:
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort with speaking by phone.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot issues quickly and efficiently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet research, and a variety of SaaS tools.
- Experience with Zendesk (or comparable Support software)
- Interest in the wine/spirits/beer industry.
What it’s like to work here:
- We’re 50-ish people and growing, mostly based in Flatiron with a few remote colleagues.
- We are former hospitality professionals excited about shaping an industry.
- We like to take pilates or spin, grab drinks, and eat good food together.
- We have bookclub, game nights, cocktail classes, wine tastings, and bakeoffs
Perks & benefits:
- Company sponsored medical, dental, and vision
- Meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation to rest and recover
- Learning opportunities (like a professional wine certification course!)
SevenFifty is the end-to-end supply chain software and communications platform for wholesale alcohol. We build software that powers a connected supply chain, bringing innovative technology to this massive but antiquated industry. With the largest user base in wholesale alcohol and the most complete dataset of products sold in the U.S., SevenFifty helps importers, producers, distributors, and retail buyers connect with each other and do business in a modern world.