Customer Support Specialist
Alice raises the take-home pay of working Americans. 156 million employees in the US are spending more and more of their budget on healthcare, childcare, and commuting. Alice uses software to add money to people’s paychecks when they spend on everyday items that are pretax eligible—with no forms, no math, and no acronyms. When employers connect Alice to their payroll system, their workers keep more of what they rightfully earn, without any more work from HR. Alice is a true win-win-win. Employees take home more of what they earn, employers save on payroll taxes, and Alice is paid only from what employers save. No one pays for Alice out-of-pocket.
We’re a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. Our day-to-day work crosses cultures we are passionate about—venture backed-tech, government and regulators, employers and business owners, local communities. We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters.
Alice is looking to hire a Customer Support Specialist who loves helping people solve support issues and who shares the same passion we do for putting more money in the hands of working people, without complicated forms or headaches. We believe in doing whatever it takes to make our customers successful with pretax benefits and the Customer Support team drives that success every day. When you are in place, Alice customer support and payroll run as a well-oiled machine due to your efforts, focus, and attention.
In this role, you’ll report to Alice’s Head of Customer Success and work directly with our repeat-entrepreneur founders and the rest of the Alice team. Our team has previous experience from awesome places like Adobe, CBS, Handshake, and Lending Tree. We’re supported by super smart advisors from Company, are of the CFSI FinLab and have excellent investors including Notation Capital and Trinity Ventures.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will...
- Resolve inquiries from and provide support to hourly employees and business owners via text, live chat, email, and phone using Zendesk.
- Understand customer pain points, and communicate their concerns internally to influence product improvements.
- Evaluate employees’ info to empower them to make financial decisions that positively impact their life.
- Meticulously tend to data entry and maintenance related to customer’s payrolls.
- Use your product expertise to collaborate with Customer Success and Product teams.
- Build and maintain useful documentation for our customers and the Alice Customer Success team.
- At least two years of relevant customer facing support experience.
- Spanish fluency, both written and verbal, is a huge plus.
- Comfort organizing data in Excel.
- Familiarity with Zendesk, Desk, or another customer support ticketing system.
- Truly outstanding attention to detail; you naturally catch small errors and fix them without having to stress or force yourself to do so.
- The ability to communicate complex concepts cleanly and clearly in writing; you know what bad writing looks like, and it pains you to see it.
- A general disposition of solving problems quickly and relentlessly; you don’t stop until the thing is handled. You don’t sleep if your tickets are approaching their SLAs. Inbox Zero is a way of life.
- An eye for process automation; you can see when a robot should take over a task, and how it should best handle it.
- A savviness with spreadsheets. You have a few tricks up your sleeve here.
- Real dedication to Alice’s mission: to put more money in the hands of working people in the United States, without complicated forms or headaches.
- A growth mindset; an orientation of constant learning, experimentation, flexibility, adaptability.
- A no-ego approach; there is no job too small for you to tackle in support of your teammates.
- Inclination for a startup work environment; you have a comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, an interest in discipline and action, and good taste for quality of work product.