Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Please note: This role requires flexible working hours. Mandatory night and weekend work will be required. If you are unable to commit to this requirement, please do not apply.
Latch is hiring a Customer Support Specialist to support and assist our Integration & Technical partners in the installation and implementation of Latch’s access systems across the US. This requires functioning as a subject matter expert on Latch’s hardware and software products -- providing both written and verbal instruction for incoming technical support requests between the hours of 8AM - 8PM ET. This will ensure our partners successfully and properly install, activate, and service all Latch devices. Additionally, the individual will work closely with the internal general support, operations and sales team.
- Function as a subject matter expert on Latch’s hardware and software products
- Manage incoming technical support tickets and calls via internal ticketing tools and phone
- Provide technical insight and support for internal Latch employees and partners
- Process hardware replacements, following standardized operations and procedures
- Report hardware & software bugs and issues, coordinating, overseeing, and documenting resolutions with our engineering team
- Keep detailed records of partner interactions and troubleshooting measures
- Utilize internal and external databases and resources to provide accurate, educated technical solutions
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manual
- Proven customer support experience at a technical company
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple detailed projects at the same time
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Must be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, initiator, strong presenter. Interpersonal and consultative skills a must
- Technical experience with both hardware and software products-- troubleshooting experience necessary
- Must be comfortable and able to provide remote, phone support
- Must be able and flexible to work nights/weekends
- 1-3 years experience working in a support role, at a hardware + software company a plus
- Working experience with customer support software & CRM platforms
- Zendesk experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of Access Control Systems preferred
- Knowledge of Smart Home systems preferred
- Systems Administration experience preferred
- Hardware troubleshooting experience preferred
- Atlassian product experience preferred
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice