Customer Support Team Lead at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Customer Support Team Lead is a people leader with a dedication to drive continuous process improvement. They directly manage and motivate 5-10 Customer Support Associates responsible for providing the highest quality care centered around good data, proper documentation, and empathetic management. Customer Support Associates are the direct line to our users, answering our questions and tending to their needs! Customer Support Team Leads are responsible for managing the day to day operations of their specialized team while providing feedback to their dedicated Core Product Unit.
- Please provide your resume as well as an additional cover letter explaining you Customer Support Team lead experience.
- Directly lead, motivate, and develop Customer Support Associates to deliver on operational KPIs within a time-sensitive and demanding environment.
- Offer guidance and support to your team by being present and approachable on the floor, answering questions, hosting bi-weekly 1-on-1 and meetings, and providing real-time feedback.
- Audit your team’s performance through ongoing analysis and use insights to highlight opportunities for improvement, additional training, or further review
- Ensure team compliance with company policies; documenting and escalating issues as required.
- Create and distribute performance reports to management, senior leadership, and other stakeholders.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)—identify trending issues and guide CSRs do the same in their daily work
- Cross functional liaison to Product and Engineering stakeholders focusing on reporting regarding support insights and ownership of escalations.
- 1-2 years of management experience—You have a demonstrated ability to set team goals, drive accountability, develop talent, and stay calm through challenging situations
- Maintain a positive, can-do demeanor and encourage others to do the same
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills - You establish trust and effective working relationships with internal and external partners
- Strong time-management and organizational habits—You prioritize work effectively and drive multiple projects to completion at once
- Willingness to work weekends, occasional holidays, and outside a standard 8 to 5 shift schedule
- Experience managing people in customer support or service industry, or other high-volume production environment
- Experience with Zendesk is required
- Experience with Access is a plus.
- Multifamily experience
- Software support experience
- Experience working directly with product team to discuss feedback loops
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice