EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We're looking for a collaborative, organized and hardworking Deal Operations Analyst to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. If you are interested in learning more about pre-IPO companies and the deal making process, let’s talk!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reporting to the Marketplace Operations Manager, you will manage the execution of venture-backed secondaries on our platform, working cross-functionally with the Sales, Research, Legal and Compliance teams to drive deals to a timely close
- Communicate directly with shareholders and investors throughout the lifecycle of the transaction in order to ensure the deal is on track for a timely closure
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with the Marketplace team to provide a tangible solution that can be implemented by the Product team
- Process all administrative work that is essential to deal flow
- Use data analytics to improve our understanding of EquityZen’s Marketplace and drive essential data-backed decisions about our platform, products, processes, and stakeholders
- Contribute to Marketplace projects on an ad hoc basis
- Become an expert in deal-making, secondaries, and marketplaces
THE RIGHT STUFF
- Has a passion for the world of finance, technology, and the pre-IPO space
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Works hard and smart with attention to detail; does not sacrifice quality for speed
- Ability to manage many competing tasks and deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated skills in process improvement and/or ability to quickly tackle complex processes/topics
- Exceptional communicator, both internally and externally via email and phone
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in the world of venture capital
- Previous internship experience in private placements, capital markets, FinTech marketplaces, internet-based investment firm, crowdfunding, or P2P lending
- Experience with data analytics and modeling
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.