Design Operations Manager - New York Hub at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:38 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
We are hiring a Design Operations Manager to lead our CRM iOS Design System team! You’re a natural-born leader, ready to get things done with exceptionally high standards. You’ll own the day-to-day operations, roadmap, priorities, and release schedule for the Design System team. You’ll evangelize the Design System throughout the organization and help integrate the Design System throughout our flagship iOS product, Veeva CRM. You take pride in your work. You thrive on knowing your impact is making others successful. You possess an understanding and strong appreciation for user experience, design, and overall quality.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a cross-functional team in designing, building, integrating, and releasing new components and features with quality and speed.
- Coordinate, run, and track the status of projects
- Own daily team standups, weekly management status, and priority meetings
- Hold team accountable, ensure adherence to timelines on projects from initial design to final release.
- Perform daily project management duties, including requirements gathering, scheduling, resource allocation, and coordination of approval processes
- Act as a bridge between the Design, Engineering, and Quality Assurance teams
- Act as a bridge between the Design System team and other application area team
- Provide stakeholders with visibility and updates of current projects, resource utilization, team performance, and project metrics for cross-functional initiatives
- Schedule and attend handoffs, reviews, and project check-ins; invite appropriate team members, keep meeting notes.
- Triage bugs, ensure timely assignment of and closure of those bugs.
- Improve process, see issues, and voice concerns. Work directly with Design leadership to improve throughput, quality, and speed.
- You have demonstrated a track record of successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional, distributed teams.
- Experience working directly with Designers
- You are motivated to continuously seek opportunities, create efficiencies, and are passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence.
- You have experience in structuring and implementing initiatives at scale with design and engineering teams.
- You can balance long-term strategic thinking and near-term execution.
- Ability to understand complex initiatives, scope and prioritize projects, define schedules, and work independently.
- Proficiency in project management platforms and tools (Asana, JIRA, etc.)
- Prior experience or training in agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Growth opportunity, work directly with Design leadership to evolve the overarching user experience design processes within the larger development cycle.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in Design Operations
- Previous experience as a Project Manager, Product Manager, Product Owner, or Designer
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP)
- Previous experience within a SaaS and/or B2B organization
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.