Digital Operations Coordinator at NBCUniversal (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Digital Network Operations Center (DNOC) is NBCUniversal's first 24/7 digital operation predicated on delivering holistic OTT content distribution, proactive monitoring, and issue resolution across the entire portfolio of VOD and Live streaming ecosystems.
The Digital Operations Coordinator (L1) is tasked with executing the daily monitoring of Digital NOC processes to ensure the proper distribution of all NBCUniversal/Peacock digital properties. The Coordinator requires a strong working knowledge of all functions within the operation and monitors system health through a combination of "eyes on glass" and alert base monitoring. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to real-time platform validation, issue investigation, and device management. Overall, a Digital Operations Coordinator (L1) is accountable for validating the set standards of reliability across the digital environment, by properly monitoring all designated workflows and adhering to established performance thresholds.
This role is a unique opportunity to join a cutting-edge team that is pioneering digital delivery and distribution for the industry.
- Monitor the end-to-end distribution of NBCUniversal's digital library across a diverse portfolio of products, platforms, and partnerships
- Validate the set standards of reliability throughout the digital environment by properly overseeing all designated workflows and adhering to established performance thresholds
- Aid in escalation, reporting, and resolution communications across the digital footprint and larger organization
- Execute device and platform endpoint checks to ensure LIVE/VOD availability and playability
- Develop workflow expertise and communicate knowledge throughout the operation
- Collaborate with Technical Operation peers on delivery assurance to internal and external clients
- Partner with Engineering teams to manage terrestrial and cloud distribution architectures
- Unite with the internal Leadership team to develop technological and operational enhancements
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with external distribution partners
- Analyze issue trends and discrepancies
- Bachelor's degree or related media experience is required
- Minimum 1+ years industry, database, or related analytic experience is required
- Minimum 1+ years Network Operations, Digital Operation, or Media Operations facility experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience in a support role strongly preferred
- Prior experience using JIRA and Service Now ticketing systems strongly preferred
- Prior experience using OTT devices strongly preferred (Web, iOS, tvOS, Android, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation)
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of digital products and distribution system processes
- Technical experience with video encoding, troubleshooting, and testing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must be willing to work on any shift including, overnights, swing, or weekend and work overtime with short notice.
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.