Director of Body Care at Harry's
Flamingo is on a mission to better support individual body care needs and routines.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-centric leader to help build out and oversee our body care business. We have big ambitions for Flamingo and this role is at the forefront of driving and managing the next leg of our growth. This role will focus on driving breakthrough disruption of the body care space and putting Flamingo at the center of millions of daily care routines through better understanding consumers needs and translating those insights into a thoughtful strategy, roadmap and execution.
In this role, you will be mining for compelling opportunities to drive our body care business forward, and bringing those ideas to life and scaling them as part of a collaborative cross-functional team.
We are looking for a true ownership mindset, someone who is excited about driving big commercial impact, building into whitespace and doing it as part of a collective effort.
What you will accomplish:
- Help bring to life a clear and compelling body care vision for Flamingo
- Use consumer insights to define distinct and innovative ways into the space that separate Flamingo from the competition
- Build compelling business and brand narratives around those insights
- Ensure the vision is driven down successfully into strategy and execution across all touchpoints
- Own the Flamingo body care P&L and successfully build out and scale the business
- Drive overarching body care strategy and goals
- Work with the GM to set budget and financial targets
- Lead the annual body care brand planning and go to market planning for new launches
- Work cross-functionally with DTC and retail partners to set commercial strategies and scale the business
- Lead body care insights and white space identification
- Develop a deep understanding of our target consumer and their body care behaviors
- Mine for pain points and unmet consumer needs
- Always on exploration and research into new trends and opportunities in the space
- Drive the 3 year innovation roadmap and category strategy
- Develop clear and compelling business cases and go to market strategies for new opportunities
- Own strategic topics such as - scent strategy, cross-category cohesion, pricing, etc.
- Manage new innovation opportunities through the development and go-to-market process
- Collaborate cross-functionally to bring new categories to life, working very closely with R&D, design, supply chain, retail, etc.
- Build out & develop the team to support the body care business
- Hire and develop body care brand manager capability
- Resource insights and innovation to support new category development
- An experienced business leader with a proven track record of building engaging, effective new growth strategies and direct commercial (P&L) ownership
- 8+ years of work experience
- Direct experience leading new category development and/or brand management
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, brand-forward business
- Passionate about building a new kind of body care brand
- Highly customer-centric, you are someone who pushes to 2nd, 3rd and 4th order consumer truths to find differentiated insights and ways in
- An experienced team leader and developer of people: You have a passion and natural talent for coaching and developing a team
- An entrepreneurial thinker, you have demonstrated the ability to successfully identify and act on white space opportunities
- Commercially-minded, you have a proven ability to drive insights into business impact. You are able to own a P&L. As part of that, you are able to critically assess problems, thoughtfully frame and weigh trade-offs, bring data to bear to answer questions and develop an informed perspective on the path forward
- A natural owner, you feel real pride of ownership and responsibility in whatever you take on.
- A clear communicator, you’re able to sell people into a vision and bring them along on your thought process and strategy
- A pragmatic do-er, you have the ability to be scrappy and creative with resources to maximize impact. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to do work yourself when it makes sense.
- A collaborator and overall team player, you take pride in the wins of the collective team
With well-designed products and honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face and body, shave gel, body lotion, and Mons Mist. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide, immediately jumping to the top of the bestseller list for razors, wax strips, and shave gel. Our products and campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major beauty accolades like Allure’s Best in Beauty and Self’s Healthy Beauty awards.
We’re committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies and de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale and PERIOD.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.