Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience! Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Cedar is seeking a Director, Client Strategy and Operations to ensure the health of Cedar’s most sophisticated client relationships. This role will serve as a thought partner and a point of escalation for a complex implementation or during another major technology initiative at current Cedar clients. Reporting to the VP, Client Strategy and Operations, this role will also be responsible for synthesizing client findings and leading our approach to successfully scale our offerings.
- This role is accountable for the health of our most sophisticated client relationships during an implementation, a new client technology initiative, or other major change in Cedar’s scope. Complex Cedar clients are generally hallmarked by the need for diverse partner consensus, a deeply consultative approach to technical and operational challenges, and net new Cedar product development.
- This role will serve as a strategic thought partner to our technical and operating teams to build creative solutions to client challenges and requirements. This requires meticulous development of expertise in Cedar’s technology offerings and client processes.
- This role will help package and deliver those solutions to clients, serve as a client-facing critical issue point for our technical and operating teams, and over time, establish relationships with external client executives alongside our Partnerships and Client Growth teams.
- This role will align Cedar executive leaders on those solutions, keep them clearly advised of risks and priorities, and engage them where needed to help lead the client.
- This role will synthesize client takeaways across multiple engagements to continue to build Cedar’s internal tools, resources, and practices.
- This role will lead client engagement between contract signature and implementation kickoff, working closely with our Commercial Strategy and Partnerships teams to ensure all client workstreams are prioritized, contracts/SOWs are confirmed, and requirements are clear for technical teams to deliver against.
Required skills and experience
- Engagement Manager or equivalent at strategic or operational consulting firm
- Experience working with hospital systems and/or payors; Revenue Cycle Management expertise a plus
- Shown success leading sophisticated client relationships, with cross functional teams and partners
- Validated technical interest and ability to handle sophisticated, tech-heavy projects
- Growth mentality that translates into a steadfast focus on continual improvement, both personally and for the organization
- Intellectual curiosity, ability to build structure from ambiguity (creative problem solving) and a sense of ownership
- Ability to build credibility quickly, both internally and externally
- Fast paced, organized and able to prioritize effectively
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Openness across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.