Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
The Director of Clinical Quality and Patient Safety will report to our SVP of Medical Affairs and work closely with the Product, Medical Operations, Pharmacy, and Data teams to ensure that Ro delivers the safest and highest quality care to our members. At Ro, you will be integral to building technology that helps individuals become a healthier version of themselves, turns physicians into better healthcare professionals, and powers our increasingly complex medical network.
Who are you? That's a great question. You’re passionate about delivering safe, high-quality healthcare and harnessing technology to do so. You have incredible attention to detail and a strong background using data analysis to measure safety and quality in medical practice. You are a self-starter and a problem solver. You’re not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You have analyzed complex healthcare data sets and worked with a network of service providers to improve the care they deliver. You have experience being a healthcare provider and are looking for a new way to help patients outside of the traditional healthcare setting. You're great at cooperating with team members from different areas of the business, and you thrive on diving into data and building scorecards. You are flexible, creative, and solutions-oriented. You’re an excellent communicator, especially when it involves translating data analysis into an action plan. You have experience managing others and people thrive under your leadership.
Above all, you will be an advocate for delivering the safest patient care.
What You’ll Do:
- Set Ro strategy for patient safety and quality of care, measure progress, and iterate as necessary
- Develop, scale, and execute quality and safety processes for one of the nation’s largest private practices
- Collaborate across teams to develop, implement, and maintain clinical quality metrics, safety metrics, and initiatives to improve our EMR and physician platform
- Build, lead, and develop a successful Quality and Safety team
- Help support and create a sense of community amongst the providers that treat patients on the platform
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and provide guidance to various stakeholders on related disciplines
- Serve as a resource and liaison between the Clinical team and the Data, Product, Engineering teams on all things related to quality and safety
What You Bring to the Team:
- 10+ years of work experience with 2+ years in quality and safety, 2+ years of direct people management, and 3+ years in direct patient care
- Deep understanding of quality and safety procedures in a traditional clinical setting (telemedicine is a bonus)
- Big ideas about the future of quality and safety along with an ability to develop scalable processes and adapt traditional QA methods to a telehealth environment
- Operational experience to drive projects forward—you’re not afraid to be hands when it comes to defining, implementing, and executing processes
- Strength in using data to create a narrative about quality and safety for the organization as well as an ability to compose reports, including graphs, tables, and slide decks, to communicate complex information in an easily understandable way
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
- MD, DO or DNP degree or equivalent
- Board-certified or board eligible if recently completed training
- Experience with hospital or medical group quality and safety practices
- Experience working in a non-clinical setting such as pharma, healthcare consulting, healthcare tech, and insurance/payor
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment (startup experience is a plus)
- Bonus if you have a Certification in Patient Safety (CPPS)
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.