Director, Commercial Strategy and Operations at Noom
Noom is seeking an exceptional Director of Commercial Strategy & Operations to join our team. Our mission is to help people everywhere live healthier lives through behavior change. Leveraging the proven approach for which our consumer weight loss app is known, we have a number of efforts underway to address new conditions and expand our reach through new channels. Reporting to the VP of Operations, and working closely with the CEO and COO, you will be responsible for building a new capability from the ground-up: Commercial Strategy & Operations. This team’s mandate is to generate and structure our funnel of big picture expansion opportunities, ultimately prioritizing and moving the ball forward on those that are most promising.
The ideal candidate combines exceptional analytical skills, a strong business intuition, and deep health care industry knowledge, and is excited to play a material role in helping us continue to scale and deliver on our mission.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Continually refine Noom’s positioning in an evolving landscape, establishing and running a competitive intelligence workstream
- Based on emerging opportunities or threats, propose and evaluate opportunities including: major strategic investments (e.g., research), new lines of business, new channels for growth, partnership opportunities, and potential acquisition targets
- Be accountable for maintaining and refining Noom’s expansion strategy, defining for each segment of interest the associated TAM, competitive dynamics, regulatory landscape, business models, and go-to-market approach
- Support, assess, and help carry forward the CEO’s bold ideas
- Lead build, buy, and partner assessments that support the overall expansion strategy
- Cultivate relationships with key industry partners, channels, and influencers that can aid in opportunity identification as well as go-to-market implementation
- Create the go-to-market playbook for emerging business areas, acting as both strategic GM and implementation lead
- Once a business case is proven, hire the initial team and partner across the company to bring to life high potential opportunities
- Over time, build and lead an A+ team to supercharge our work on the above
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years of experience, with a mix of
- Strategic assessment/due diligence work at a top consulting firm or in-house (e.g., corporate strategy, business development, corporate development)
- Strategy & business development at a top health tech startup
- Exceptional record of academic and professional achievement
- Comfort with ambiguity, first-rate problem solving skills, and the ability to get stuff done
- Distinctive analytical and quantitative skills, including the ability to gather/analyze/evaluate information and to translate concepts into operational models
- Ability to multitask, prioritize multiple projects/stakeholders, and maintain a complex and dynamic portfolio of initiatives
- Ability to thrive in a highly cross-functional, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Experiencing building and leading high performing teams
- Expert analytical and presentation skills required
- Quantitative undergraduate degree preferred; MBA a plus
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- You’ll be helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, daily gourmet meals prepared by our onsite chefs, onsite yoga, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll experience huge learning & professional growth opportunities. Noom believes in supporting you; we’ll cover the cost of books, courses, conferences… you name it!
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary, equity, and benefits. We guarantee you will learn a tremendous amount in a short time. For those who value and excel in transparent, high-intensity, and high-impact environments, there is significant opportunity for advancement.