Director, Compliance at Betterment
Betterment is a technology-driven financial services company that offers services for spending and saving, alongside its core investing and retirement solutions. Since 2010, Betterment has had one mission: to help people make the most of their money so they can live better lives. Using cutting-edge technology, Betterment empowers its hundreds of thousands of customers to manage their money – for today, tomorrow, and someday – through personalized, expert advice; automated money management tools; and tax-smart strategies that help keep taxes low. Learn more www.betterment.com.About the Role:
You are eager to join a dynamic team to help run and enhance the compliance function at one of the most innovative registered investment advisers and broker-dealers. You’re thorough, organized, intellectually curious, and detail-oriented. You love building things from scratch, developing processes and thrive in a fast paced environment. You’re familiar with the applicable rules and are excited to use those skills to enhance the compliance program. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in the most exciting work environment there is!
In this role, you will orchestrate our most critical compliance operations. You will ensure that the elements of the compliance program are executed, holding your teammates accountable to execute their compliance routines, and, through critical analysis of potential strengths and weaknesses of the program, recommend enhancements. You ensure the trains are running on time, while figuring out how they can run better and faster.
This role is not remote eligible. We are looking to hire this role in our NYC or Philadelphia office locations.A Day in the Life:
- Facilitate the operation of our compliance program elements
- Manage the law, rule, and regulation inventory, compliance policies, the regulatory change process, regulatory exams and audits
- Manage compliance key risk indicators
- Help prepare compliance program-related presentations for various committees
- Manage our monitoring and testing program
- Be the Compliance representative in the vendor management and oversight process
- Maintain compliance governance and reporting processes
- Enhance team operations and workflow management
- Help formulate and organize team objectives
- Manage progress on team objectives and projects
- Identify ways to improve Compliance team efficiency and organization
- Deep and varied experience in the financial services industry, supporting and overseeing compliance programs
- Experience managing small teams and the ability to influence cross functional teams
- Knowledge of FINRA and SEC rules
- Strong organization and time management skills to ensure deliverables meet the defined timeline and quality
- Meticulous attention to detail and written/verbal communication skills to manages project execution and overall coordination efforts of compliance team
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, benefit packages that fit your needs (infertility and World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits available), flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability and sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote