Director of Compliance
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Director of Compliance to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. The Director of Compliance will be responsible for researching, developing, implementing, and overseeing all aspects of Covera Health’s Compliance Program, including, but not limited to: ensuring continued HIPAA privacy and security compliance; ensuring continued SOC2 compliance; leading new compliance initiatives (e.g. HITRUST); overseeing organizational policies and procedures; directly implementing associated processes adhering to such policies and procedures; conducting ongoing training and education; managing, reporting, and investigating any compliance matters that arise; monitoring and auditing to identify and reduce violations; and driving a culture of compliance company wide.
Given Covera’s high standards of compliance as well as its central position within the complex data flows of the broader healthcare ecosystem, this role will be a highly visible one, working closely in concert with broader Covera Health leadership team as well as with current and potential clients and partners, as required.
- Work cross-functionally across the company and with our clients, providers, and vendors to gain a deep understanding of our business, operations, technology, and data flows.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance under HIPAA, SOC2 and other applicable information privacy and security laws, regulations, and standards.
- Lead new compliance initiatives across the company (e.g. HITRUST), including research, planning, and implementation.
- Work closely with teams across the company (engineering, data science, operations, etc.) to ensure successful implementation of policies and procedures.
- Manage and perform initial and periodic risk assessments, mitigations and remediations, and present teams with assessment results along with tactical and strategic recommendations to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Analyze and monitor compliance and produce reports necessary to properly manage the program.
- Develop and deliver training and education materials and ensure information privacy and security awareness across the company.
- Research and provide ongoing advice and guidance about compliance laws, regulations, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in health information management, information technology, or a related field.
- 3-5 years work experience overseeing compliance with HIPAA and other privacy and security regulations. Experience working in the healthcare information technology and services industry preferred.
- Deep knowledge of HIPAA and other relevant laws, regulations, and standards.
- Familiarity with other compliance standards including SOC2, ISO, HITRUST, etc.
- Strong knowledge of information technology concepts, security and systems.
- Familiarity with the review of legal agreements covering healthcare privacy and security (e.g., business associate agreements, data use agreements, confidentiality and security agreements) preferred.Compliance certifications including CHC, CHPC, and/or CCEP, or other relevant compliance certifications preferred.
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!