Director Consulting Services
Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-2446 Director Consulting Services (Open)
What We Are Looking For:
Marketers can’t hide behind old-school metrics and gut feel any longer. The best ones are marrying technology, data, and strategic expertise to make the right marketing investments. That’s where Neustar comes in.
Our mission is to transform the growth rate and efficiency of our clients' businesses by bringing new levels of transparency to their decision-making. We reveal how much to spend on marketing, where and how to spend it, and the results those dollars will deliver. Our impact: higher marketing efficiency, revenue growth, brand equity, profit, and market share.
In the Director Consulting Services role, you’ll lead multi-million dollar customer engagements, with responsibility for organizing internal teams and developing enduring, trusted, and profitable relationships with your customers. You’ll also play a key role in evolving Neustar in building our team, managing, and mentoring the next generation of Neustar leaders.
You’ll build your network with the top marketing leadership in major companies across virtually all industries. You’ll work to reveal the business drivers of the Fortune 500, while developing expertise at the intersection of big data, marketing, and consulting. Our work is not just about delivering a project and moving on to the next challenge. Instead, it’s about delivering an evolving stream of value and enabling fact-based decision making.
Here’s How You’ll Make A Difference:
- You’ll be the face of the company for your customers – their go-to person who delivers on the promise of Neustar
- Diagnose business needs, translate into questions that Neustar will answer, and architect ways to wrangle data from multiple sources
- Partner with Neustar’s modeling team and other consultants to identify new insights, and translate findings into insights and stories that create ‘ah ha’ moments for customers
- Be the bridge between the builders of sophisticated quant models and people who run screaming from numbers
- Translate our analytics into the stakeholder’s native language and tell stories to make complex things simple to understand and translate into measurable actions
- Ensure that customers get the full benefit of Neustar’s software and accompanying strategic advice
- You will participate in the improvement processes and achieve greater quality, consistency, profitability, customer satisfaction, and efficiency, getting new customers up to speed with Neustar’s software faster
- You’re responsible for the day to day smooth delivery of products in the marketing services portfolio to balance client satisfaction, timing and budget targets, including managing project initiation workshops on-site and subsequent onsite engagement with the clients
- You’ll develop project scope, project plans, risk mitigation strategies, change management, change orders and manage the daily implementation commensurate with project management and Neustar best practices
- Coach your team to deliver outstanding service and results while collaborating with modelers, data management experts, software product managers, other consulting team members, and Neustar’s leadership
- Leverage business relationships to identify client opportunities
- Pursue and attract talented candidates for key roles; shape role and assignments in ways that leverage and develop our employees’ capabilities; develop successors for senior level positions within your organization
- Identify high potential leaders in your organization and take ownership to retain, develop and increase their organizational visibility
- Promote a culture of feedback. Model and inspire high levels of our values – accountability, collaboration, transparency, respect and resiliency - across organizational boundaries. Hold others accountable for the same creating an environment
- Create a clear and compelling vision of the future and inspire followership
The Fine Print:
- 10 to 15 years’ experience in marketing analytics strategy or marketing consulting, in a client-facing role
- 7+ years leading and managing a team
- A head for numbers, a heart for customers, and a passion for defining the standards of marketing effectiveness
- Exceptional analytics and quantitative acumen with understanding of tools like marketing mix models, multi-touch attribution, data management platforms, customer segmentation, and/or customer identity management, or close experience such as predictive analytics
- Ideal if you have specific experience in the ad or marketing tech industry, a digital marketing agency, a programmatic buying company or client side digital advertising.
- Significant presentation experience with unsophisticated audiences explaining marketing optimization and analytics
- Strong client management skills and an ability to build relationships with senior fortune 100 executives
- Demonstrated experience in directing client engagements and also harvesting projects into more substantial long-term relationships
- Advanced proficiency with software tools such as Excel to gather and assess data and PowerPoint to build presentations
- Project management experience, particularly in client facing role, preferred
- Ability to initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects of medium to large complexity successfully
- Clear understanding of critical path and core project management concepts
- Very effective communicator, good at arbitration and quickly gathering consensus within project teams spanning a breadth of disciplines
- Person who can collaborate across different functional groups, including Product, Engineering, Data Operations, Modeling, Account Management and Sales
- Measurement experience across multiple channels, and passion for data sources that are real time and audience addressable
- Skilled in developing relationships and delivering on projects that have grown into long-term relationships
- Resilient work ethic with the capability to adapt to the situation, flexibility and nimbleness in terms of work planning, and the ability to think quickly on your feet
- Advanced degree or equivalent in marketing, applied science, statistics, mathematics or economics. MBA preferred
- Background in extract, load, transform (ELT) data skills
- Big brand experience is a big plus
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.