Director, Corporate Communications at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Director, Corporate Communications to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Brand & Corporate Communications team to accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand & Corporate Communications, you'll build our growing brand and reputation by shaping our story and sharing it with our diverse audiences in oncology. You’ll develop strong relationships with the journalists and analysts who cover the ever-changing landscapes of cancer research, healthcare, and technology. In addition, you'll also:
- Build clear strategies and plans for the consistent promotion of our partnerships, impact, and progress across many areas of oncology, healthcare, and tech
- Collaborate with our leadership team to develop positioning and messaging for complex policy, scientific, and clinical initiatives
- Support our thought leaders by helping distill complex scientific concepts into compelling narratives and identify opportunities for them to promote this work
- Continue to grow the strong relationships Flatiron has established with journalists, analysts, and media outlets that cover our space. Guide our partners on how to thoughtfully share our work and highlight opportunities for new collaborations
- Identify, oversee, organize, and attend media interviews and speaking engagements for key Flatiron spokespeople and our co-founders
- Drive content strategy across our owned media platforms, including social channels, blog, internal channels, etc.
- Collaborate with our Internal Communications and Brand teams to develop our voice and tone and ensure that all Flatiron employees can clearly and effectively share our mission and work
As our Director of Corporate Communications, you’ll tell our story with great clarity and ease, and you’ll enable all of our teams to do so with the same consistency and accuracy.
Who You Are
You're a creative thinker with 12-15 years of experience in communications. You have significant experience in building a corporate communications strategy and aligning company leadership with your vision. You have significant experience in media relations and issues management, spokesperson training, strategic marketing alliances, special events, etc., in addition to strong writing skills. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience working in healthcare or scientific research
- You have a deep experience working directly with journalists and media to develop and pitch stories
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, start-up like environment
- You have strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, as well as verbal presentation skills
- You have demonstrated the ability to understand complex topics from multiple angles, and translate those concepts into understandable and creative narratives
- You possess excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- You take on a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You are an experienced people manager, with a proven ability to influence others
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.