Narrativ is building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the Creator Economy. We make it simple for creators to earn a full time income selling products from brands they love.
50 million people work in the Creator Economy today, but 95% don’t make enough to pay their monthly rent. Creators feel more pressure than ever to keep adding new revenue streams, from fan subscriptions to tips, and churn out a constant stream of new content just to get by. Narrativ gives creators the opportunity to earn meaningful, reliable income in commerce without needing to have millions of fans.
Narrativ is changing this status quo - our platform gives creators commerce, not affiliate tools, to manage their businesses. Creators who were making less than $25K a year through affiliate are now earning $100K+ through commerce on Narrativ. These creators don’t need millions of followers - the majority of creators earning a full time income on Narrativ have between 50-300K subscribers.
Narrativ has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack. Narrativ is committed to building a diverse team in a technology ecosystem that is anything but - the team is 42% women and 60% people of color today.
Do you share our vision for making the creator economy dream real for millions of people? Come join our team!
Narrativ is seeking a Director to grow, lead, and scale a world-class community team that works with our rapidly growing pool of creator partners. You will lead the expansion and growth of our creator community while also fostering trust, loyalty, and brand love across the ecosystem.
You will help to build this function from the ground up - defining everything from how we interface with our creators to our community standards.
As we build the commerce and payments infrastructure for the creator economy, you will be asked to dream up and lead new initiatives for creators that drive deeper adoption of Narrativ’s technology - all with the ultimate objective of enabling more talented individuals than ever to run profitable and fulfilling businesses as professional creators.
This is a net new role building out a net new program so if you are the right fit, you have the hunger and drive to take risks and make an outsized impact. You see ambiguity and obstacles as opportunities to build something new. You take full ownership of initiatives and are proactive about capturing new opportunities. You prefer to be a big fish (whether the pond is small or big) and make as big of a splash as possible.
- Craft and drive the overarching business strategy of the Community team, including the segmentation and deeper understanding of Narrativ’s creators, definition of the Community team’s goals, and OKRs to hit those goals
- Build and scale a high-performance team of Community Managers, with end-to-end oversight of everything from hiring and recruiting strategy to coaching and performance management of your team
- Develop and implement net new strategies that foster community, adoption, and brand love among Narrativ’s rapidly multiplying pool of creator partners
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams to incorporate learnings and feedback from creator users into what we build and how we build it and how we build it
- Grow or build your expertise in the burgeoning creator economy in order to understand rapidly evolving trends and insights
- Be an instrumental part of shaping how Narrativ technology fits into creators’ lives and livelihoods at large
- Experience in a combination of the following is preferred: community building/management, creator and/or influencer partnerships, and/or launching new markets, teams or products
- Experience managing a high-performance team
- Strong strategic and problem-solving skills: you can use data and create frameworks to draw insights and make decisions
- Equal parts strategic and operational — willing to roll up your sleeves and dig into campaign set up or earnings tracking when necessary
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Thrive in a matrix organization and comfortable working with cross functional teammates at all levels
- Genuine enthusiasm or interest in the creator economy and its potential to redefine the future of work
- Bonus points for direct experience working with creators
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.