Director of Customer Engagement
Director of Customer Engagement
Retail marketing teams have a lot on their plates. The data they collect provides an unparalleled opportunity to establish meaningful and personal relationships with their customers, but it has also led to an explosion of metrics to track, measure, and optimize. Opens, click-throughs, likes, retweets, conversion rates: today’s retail marketer is resource-strapped and scrambling to execute on dozens of competing priorities. Overwhelmed with a flood of customer data, companies are looking for analytics software that will go beyond just reports and dashboards. They’re seeking platforms that will help them take action. Enter Custora.
The Customer Success team represents Custora by supporting, strategizing, and executing with retail marketing teams to optimize their marketing actions through the use of our software. Customer Success team members are also responsible for applying their understanding of customer needs and the e-commerce landscape to help Custora develop new features and improve the utility of the product. We are excited to work with some of the smartest retail and ecommerce marketing teams in the business (Tiffany & Co, Sephora, Bonobos and more), and are passionate about building the future of marketing!
Things you’ll do:
- Oversee a high performing team of Customer Engagement Leads, Associates and Analysts leading key customer relationships
- Provide guidance on analysis and insight presentations to help customers launch effective marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with sales, marketing and product teams to deliver a cohesive customer experience.
- Build relationships with senior level retail executives (e.g. CEO, CMO, Head of Strategy)
- Facilitate upsell and expansion opportunities and serve as an escalation point for resolving customer feedback
Things you have:
- 6+ years of professional experience in retail, e-commerce, marketing, management consulting, or a related field. MBAs or other advanced degrees are welcome.
- Top notch analytical skills. You love data and have experience producing in-depth analysis that lead to results.
- Outstanding communication skills. You love interacting with customers and thrive in cross-functional team environments.
- Leadership skills. You enjoy leading teams and mentoring junior team members. You've done it before, through feedback and performance reviews.
- Positivity and awesomeness. You are excited about being an integral part of a fast moving start-up and consider no job too small.
What it’s like to work here:
- On Monday we eat and meet as a team to chat projects and progress.
- We’re 45 genuinely nice people. We work together (to varying degrees) and experiment with (figure out) how to do things. It’s an amazing environment to both explore your professional interests and shape your career trajectory.
- We move quickly. You build something and the next day it comes to life. You see and feel an immediate impact with the collective efforts of the team.
- We’re building a company and a team we love. We’re in it for the long run.
- Read more about what makes us, us here.
- Find out more here or here.
- We’re a flexible work environment.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% covered)
- Free lunch every day, plus free water — hot and cold!
- Unlimited vacation: take as much time as you need (we recommend at least 3 weeks)
- Monthly unlimited MetroCard.
Custora is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.