Director, Customer Experience at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Director of Customer Experience (CX) who can easily collaborate across disciplines in a high-speed environment to turn insights and requirements into impactful conversational and user experiences, in a DTC business, that tap into how we as people are hard-wired to communicate and interact in the digital world.
This is an opportunity to use your leadership skills and CX powers to create streamlined customer experiences while helping dogs live healthier, happier, and longer lives.How You'll Make An Impact
At the highest level, you will identify, prioritize, and implement customer experience improvement opportunities across multiple channels. Through customer decision data you will build a customer experience roadmap that addresses pain points and opportunities to ensure experiences are seamless, integrated and aligned. You will prioritize these improvements within the business, recommending innovative service solutions to ensure a crafted customer experience. You will be responsible for providing performance feedback, coaching and mentoring all levels of Customer Experience staff, from Senior Managers, function heads, Managers, Leads and Associates, and developing talent with the goal to continuously raise team performance.In addition, you :
- Have passion for, and understanding of human-centered design processes, structured thinking, and service design principles
- Will create a vision that can be communicated to The Farmer’s Dog leadership teams, front-line Associates, and cross-functional leads
- Possess a proven track record to turn customer-centric strategies into executable tactics that can be embedded and scaled within a CX organization
- Will improve the experiences of both the customer and employee by designing, aligning, and optimizing a business’ resources, operations, and capabilities to better support customer journey
- Deliver in a key leadership role, defining how the organization uses CX as a function of growth (funneling insights and feedback into other teams) and to establish a closed loop feedback process that ensures continuous improvement in the front-line Associate’s experience
- Will design high impact conversational experiences for The Farmer’s Dog customers that will span devices, channels, and modalities
- Provide strategic guidance on design deliverables, including customer and agent personas, sample dialogues, and conversation flows
- Will coordinate with Data Science and Insights teams to perform impactful research efforts across design phases, and translate insights into actionable recommendations and design
- You have 10+ years of experience optimizing customer service, sales and employee engagement programs and organizations
- Expert at building relationships with colleagues, customers and vendors alike
- Strong public speaking skills with an ability to tailor messaging based upon audience
- Adept at inspiring staff and managing creative risk taking
- Deep experience in Conversation Design, User Experience Design, or Content Strategy
- Well-honed conflict resolution and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to align key stakeholders in a growth environment
- Experience developing innovative continuous programs using adult learning principles and innovation, e.g., augmented reality, digital enabled coaching tools, call calibration workshops, etc.
- You have agency and/or client-side experience leading building customer journeys viewed through a customer experience lens across omni-channels
- You have a passion and love for dogs and dog people
- A true builder who loves to identify talent and assemble agile, nimble teams that deliver on the needs of the business.
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person meetings) is now a feature, not a bug