Director, Customer Experience at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is on a mission to help channel the unconditional love we all have for our pets into uncomplicated care. Central to that mission is our customer experience team. As the beating heart of our brand experience and every customer interaction, they relentlessly seek out ways to better understand, and act upon, the needs and feedback from our current and prospective customers (and all the dog people in between).
As the Director of CX, you will scale and lead our customer experience team to achieve the highest levels of customer issue resolution through delightful, timely, and professional communications with customers. You will have accountability for leading the day-to-day operations of our Customer Experience team as it grows from ~80 individuals to 150+ associates in the next year. With your leadership, the Customer Experience team will continue to meet or exceed both team and individual goals in a highly productive and engaged environment. Ultimately, we want to become the most beloved pet care brand in the world, and this position will play a critical role in helping us get there.How You'll Make An Impact
- Lead and scale the team to 150+ CX team members while providing the best possible experience for humans and dogs alike
- Formulate a long and short-term strategy to scale our best-in-class CX Team across multiple sites in the US, ensuring high quality across our CX organization
- Optimize our systems and workflows to ensure we meet customer demand; Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency within the CX support team
- Create structure and process to analyze customer contact data (i.e. SLAs, KPIs, CSAT) and use that information to drive improvements to the overall team performance & growth.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to launch strategic initiatives and ensure operational preparedness of CX
- Keep a pulse on all customer support contact channels to ensure that they are properly staffed and constantly evaluate what new channels may be needed to meet ever-increasing customer demands.
- Stand up reporting, dashboards, and regular status updates on team performance and efficiency, using data to drive action plans, address gaps and celebrate wins.
- Set our people policies & performance management including interviewing, hiring, training, performance evaluations, and recognition
- Focus on how we can do better for our customers by challenging the norms and implementing the changes required to create thoughtful, enlightening experiences for every customer
- Above all else, be an authentic, kind and genuine leader for our largest workforce
- 10+ years of senior strategic, customer-centric operating experience in a fast-growth environment
- 4+ years of experience in leading, resourcing, and building large-scale teams in the field - managing hourly/non-exempt workers in operations or service teams preferred
- Familiarity with leveraging workforce management, CRM, and analytical platforms. Assembled, Kustomer and Looker, preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit or previous experience in early startups. You think outside of the box and are resourceful and fiscally responsible
- Personal passion for community motivated to inspire others by a deep connection to The Farmer Dog’s mission and core values
- Willingness to travel up to 40% (Nashville our 2nd HQ)
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming, friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota