Director of Customer Success Operations at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is seeking a highly qualified and motivated Director of Customer Success Operations to lead a core function that will improve customer experience and further enable the growth of OwnBackup’s customer base. You have a passion for Customer Success and a proven track record of creating and evolving new and existing processes to increase efficiencies within a fast-paced organization. You have a thoughtful and strategic approach to creating customer lifecycle solutions for companies large and small.
You will work across OwnBackup’s Customer Success teams to optimize processes, drive efficiencies, and improve the overall effectiveness of OwnBackup’s global Customer Success organization. Partnering alongside OwnBackup’s Customer Success Leadership team, you will help define Customer Success strategy and KPIs, and develop the cross-functional operating system to drive growth. You will identify the capacity, processes and tooling required to streamline workflows within our Customer Success organization, and collaborate with functional leads across the business to align on the Customer Success playbook and execution strategy.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Lead and refine OwnBackup's customer lifecycle process at scale, supporting the Customer Success team with insights and workflows to maximize customer retention
- Own the Customer Success technology stack, selecting the tooling and operational workflows required to optimize Customer Success processes and deliver customer engagement at scale
- Build & drive the process, change management, and operational efficiencies within Customer Success org
- Partner with the Sales Ops team to define and track the key customer engagement metrics, including renewal/churn indicators, expansion and adoption trends, and lead the cross-functional communication of performance against these metrics
- Partner with the Learning & Development group to build comprehensive internal and external enablements programs
- Drive the creation and adoption of OwnBackup's Customer Success playbook to ensure activation across the OwnBackup product offerings, driven by Customer Success data & insights (ie product analytics, automated customer outreach, consumption metrics, integrations, etc)
- Partner with Customer Success and cross-functional leaders to earn credibility through your expertise on process and systems as a strong communicator and effective influencer throughout all levels of the business
- Lead with creative problem solving, understanding the inputs required to define the strategy while considering the holistic organizational operating system
- 5+ years of experience in a customer success operations, strategy and/or customer success leadership role, preferably within the B2B software-as-a-service (SaaS) industry or similar
- Superior project management and organization skills
- Passion for developing and implementing processes that scale, supported by technology - for B2B accounts ranging from small (5 users) to large (100k+ users)
- Ability to lead through influence, working alongside organizational leadership (Customer Success, Enablement, Operations, Product Management, and Executive Team)
- Enjoy "getting your hands dirty" by digging into sophisticated Customer Success operations
- Ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and deliver the efficient operational solutions
- Proven track record of leading change management, building aligned tooling and developing methods to measure and systemize Customer Success KPIs for internal teams and customers
- Experience with Customer Success technology tooling (Salesforce, Gainsight, etc.)
- Compelling storytelling, with the ability to leverage data to drive action, including for non-analytical audiences
- Strong people management, coaching and development experience
We recognize and rewards hard work with:
- Stock option plan
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- Diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- Unlimited paid time off policy; including sick leave and 8 weeks of 100% company-paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing parents
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.