Director, Customer Success at Shapeways
Director, Customer Success
Enabling product creation at scale is the core of Shapeways’ innovative technology platform. By leveraging a global network of cutting-edge digital manufacturing and material partners, Shapeways continues to be a proven leader in advanced additive manufacturing [3D Printing] solutions. Founded in 2007, Shapeways is headquartered in New York City, with manufacturing facilities in Long Island City and the Netherlands, maintaining a prominent global presence around the world. Shapeways has enabled product creation for over 1+ million customers. And we’re just getting started.
Why is the Director, Customer Success important to us?
As we are expanding from being the most known D2C additive manufacturing marketplace in the world to being THE leader in additive manufacturing for B2B, we are looking for a Director, Customer Success that would help us grow significantly through this change. Reporting directly to our CRO, the Director of Customer Success will lead our core business and be responsible for the happiness and growth of Shapeways’ top customers. As you can imagine, it’s one of our most strategic positions for growth!
We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and intelligent leader; team player that thrives in a fast-paced, innovative working environment and is passionate about customer happiness, relationship building, and increasing customer satisfaction through data-driven approaches.
While we value anyone with passion and talent for customer success, for this specific role we are looking for candidates with a proven track record in building and scaling customer success teams.
As we enter the next era of Shapeways, this is an amazing time to join our leadership team and be part of building our path to success. Ideally, you’d be located or willing to locate to the Greater New York City area but we can be flexible for a fully remote leader for the right candidate.
As the Director, Customer Success you will:
- Be responsible for the growth and LTV of our most strategic global SMB and enterprise accounts
- Build new and improve existing processes for managing accounts life cycle; within the complexities of our business
- Develop dashboards for tracking account activities, customer health, forecasting renewals, expansions, and retention.
- Manage, coach, and mentor our global customer success team
- Work cross-functionally and serve as the liaison between our team, our clients, and Shapeways management, product, support, marketing, and operations teams
- Provide business insights to senior stakeholders; using data to help drive decision-making as it pertains to white glove customer service, customer retention, and increased sales
- Report to Chief Revenue Officer
You might be a good fit if you (have, possess, are):
- 10+ years of experience in client-facing roles including management consulting, sales, account management or partnerships; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Experience working for a manufacturing company is a must and critical for this position; 3D printing experience even better!
- A strong people leader with a natural ability to motivate a team, set and achieve targets, and manage career growth and performance
- Built teams from the ground up and have experience directly managing a dispersed team of 5 or more people
- Have implemented robust methodologies of managing an account through their lifecycle
- Love working directly with clients; you create and maintain long term relationships
- Comfortable making tough decisions that balance the trade-off between quality and quantity
- Organized and have demonstrated the ability to balance multiple projects at once
- A natural problem solver at the core; with a strong bias for action
- Excel in a role that is both strategic (30,000-foot view) and in the weeds (no job is too small)
- A strong analytical and execution background - the ability to identify and implement growth opportunities
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress. Also, this year we piloted Summer Fridays in HQ!
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy products on our marketplace.