Director, CX Operations at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives and breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. We've been called fit gurus, personal stylists, shipping virtuosos, and even fashion therapists. From styling advice to troubleshooting orders to offering a confidence boost when needed, we're ready to help with anything. Customer Experience is truly the heart of our business and has a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As the Director, Customer Experience Operations, you will oversee three teams: CX Operations, Billing and Claims Teams, managing an organization of leaders and 30 associates. Your primary focus will be to lead, develop and motivate the team to deliver exceptional customer experiences by streamlining back end processes and troubleshooting system issues. In addition to running the daily operations for your team, you will partner with other members of the CX leadership team and other RTR stakeholders to build a best-in-class experience for both our customers and our employees. You will identify problems, create solutions, and efficiently communicate interdepartmentally as the expert in our CX systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Works cross functionally with departments including Operations, Product, Marketing, Engineering, etc.
- Launch targeted outbound campaigns to build customer engagement and loyalty
- Partner closely with product to inform the customer experience roadmap
- Scale CX systems to drive efficiencies
- Organize and facilitate RFPs with 3rd party partners
- Manage the recovery portion of the business including late fees, chargebacks and fraud
- Develop a deep understanding of our team performance metrics and demonstrate the ability to speak to the numbers and add context
- Establish a regular operating cadence with your team to communicate information, provide coaching, develop camaraderie, and share team performance
- Ensure we can deliver on SLAs and deliver on CSAT targets; communicate any barriers and potential solutions
- Regularly communicate team performance metrics and development areas
- Promote positive employee engagement and reinforce the RTR culture
- You have 7+ years of management experience in a service-oriented environment or equivalent, including building out teams and supervising organizations of supervisors and 30+ associates
- You have proven experience with CRM applications and leveraging technology to optimize customer experience operations
- You have a passion for continuous improvement, data-driven decision making, ongoing learning, and testing new ideas
- You are comfortable adapting to rapidly shifting goals/priorities and navigating teams through change
- You’re an excellent communicator, across all levels and mediums
- You love motivating and inspiring a team to work towards a common goal
- You have experience managing teams virtually and keeping associates engaged
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.