Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
As part of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organization, this role will advance our focus on supporting prospective and existing customers' security and compliance needs. The individual will create a competitive advantage that grows our business and increase customer and prospect confidence within our service offerings.
The Director of Cyber Security will lead and collaborate with internal teams to create and enhance customer-facing documents, collateral, and build and drive continuous improvements to build trust sooner with our prospects. This individual will become a product subject matter expert in the context of product security and compliance features as well as the security posture of the infrastructure maintained within AWS and Azure.
This individual will be the initial escalation point of contact for internal sales support functions and collaborate appropriate responses from the CISO or R&D organizations as necessary. This role will be for a highly technical individual with in-depth experience in cloud security, SaaS, and can speak with confidence and clarity to meet with prospects during the sales cycle. Additionally, the role will coordinate key proposed changes to technical infrastructure and tooling from engineering to ensure proper alignment with customer and compliance requirements.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Work directly with sales as the initial escalation point of contact for security and compliance assessments, questions, and calls with prospective customers.
- Develops continuous improvement strategies to address immediate customer inquiries/responses for current data protection/cybersecurity practices, risk controls in the product, with a focus on standardizing and scale.
- Communicate and explain OwnBackup's information security and compliance strategy to prospects and customers.
- In collaboration with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Legal, and CISO, influences and supports longer-term strategies for adoption and integration of customer requirements.
- Educate sales and account management staff on information system security and compliance capabilities.
- Meet with clients and auditors to answer questions and discuss OwnBackup's cybersecurity program
- Partner with Solution Engineers to maintain a response database to provide consistent responses to clients.
- Partner with applicable company departments to ensure essential collateral is up-to-date and accurate, not limited to whitepapers, data flow diagrams, CSA CAIQ, and SIG.
- Informing and influencing the development and product organization to follow security-related requirements and best practices.
- Partner with the entire CISO org to manage the organizational risk register, create department metrics dashboards, manage risk assessments, quantify, and qualify risks for prioritization.
- Partner with Legal and CISO orgs to perform vendor due diligence, quality, and risk management programs, meetings, processes, and audit evidence.
- Partner with CISO org to collaborate on other security and compliance projects and efforts as necessary.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in related cybersecurity functions.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in cloud security roles.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar sales support function, including fielding customer questions via voice/video/in person.
- Strong understanding of mitigating security controls (i.e., anti-virus, IPS/IDS, API security, DLP, SAML/SSO, access management, encryption, logging, patching), and how they work in an overall defense in-depth methodology.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and protection methodology and tooling for virtualized services.
- Understanding of distributed denial of service attack intelligence gathering, concepts, mitigation tools, and techniques.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity standard frameworks such as ISO, SOC, NIST CSF, and CIS 20 Controls.
- Familiarity with secure coding best practices.
- Strong communication skills, customer-centric, and comfortable in a sales support role as needed.
- Previous experience in preparing and delivering product presentations to customers and prospects during customer meetings and marketing seminars.
- Familiarity with B2B SaaS environments.
- Strong project management, meeting/call management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Working knowledge of numerous cloud-based products and services and a willingness to maintain cutting-edge knowledge of cloud-based technology going forward
- Current AWS security, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, GIAC, or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Experience within the Salesforce echo system preferred.
- Experience with implementation of SOC 2 and ISO 27001 controls.
- Previous experience in the negotiation of security provisions in client contracts preferred.
- Experience writing policies and procedure documents preferred.
This is a full time position. The candidate could work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with HQ employees. OwnBackup is a global team though, and we’re going for top-talent, so for the right candidate there could be an opportunity to work remotely.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.