Director of Employer Relationships at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Want to help over one million people feel better? Come join our team!
We are looking for an experienced sales leader to join our Business Development team! Reporting to the SVP of Healthcare Account Strategy, you will be responsible for identifying different verticals of opportunity within our industry, strategically leading initiatives that further Talkspace’s mission of providing quality healthcare through telehealth. As Director of Employer Relationships, you’re someone who can guarantee a smooth transition from sales and implementation, while also leading initiatives focused on increasing employer verticals within the insured population: segmented payers, educational institutions and affiliated unions. You will use your experience leading enterprise, business development or channel sales teams to create new value through a variety of activities such as new partnership acquisition, new approaches to monetising existing customer flows and/or opening up new regions and employers to sell the Talkspace platform and services too.
- Foster relationships to drive retainment, renewal and upsell opportunities where appropriate
- Participate in pre-sale activities, including “finalist” presentation meetings and preparing responses to RFPs
- Oversee account team, helping them to achieve their retention and growth goals
- Ensure all required resources and departments within Talkspace are aligned on the same goals, timelines and deliverables to ensure client satisfaction and retention (includes product, technology, communications, network, clinical and others)
- Develop new channels with clients and expand into new populations (e.g. other divisions within a current health plan or partner)
- Prepare and present annual renewals to clients, and position a variety of financial arrangements when beneficial
- Identify trends and work collaboratively with payers to promote and position the Talkspace offering as appropriate
- Clear understanding of business requirements and priorities from the payer’s view; translate those to action within Talkspace across various business areas (can include contracts/collateral implementation, document preparation, review and negotiation)
- Familiar with EAP industry, trends and needs currently
- You’re familiar with fostering relationships to drive increased business opportunities and exposure to our membership base
- You’re a strategic thinker, vertical expert, relationship builder, and idea generator
- You have the ability to zoom in and out on different parts of the business looking for opportunities to grow, and lead new payer contracting initiatives across the platform/subscription model.
- 10+ years of experience in healthcare; preferably with a payer; account management experience preferred; Behavioral and/or Substance Use experience is a big plus
- You have experience working cross functionally within teams to identify new methods of promotion
- You have a keen eye for evaluating the effectiveness of different approaches and identifying product enhancements that anticipate customer and industry needs
- BA/BS degree in Business or other related field; MA/MS degree preferred
Talkspace is the world’s leading online therapy company, serving over 2 million users looking to begin their wellness journey through tele-health. According to the World Health Organization, close to 1 billion people worldwide live with a mental disorder, and on average more than 75% with mental, neurological, and substance use disorders receive no treatment for their condition at all. Additionally, one-third of the world’s population – 2 billion people – live in countries that spend less than 1% of their health budgets on mental health. Therapy is an universal need and it's our mission here to change the world by cultivating an intentional space for people to feel supported through quality care that is simple and accessible.
Combining our passion for innovation along with our desire to help others overcome the stigma behind “getting help,” we are transforming the way patients find the right care provider, making an otherwise impossible feat easily conquerable. Our network of licensed, accredited, and board-certified clinicians are increasing access to mental health for our members through a myriad of high quality therapy services: anytime and for a fraction of the price. Dedicated to our mission, we are looking for candidates that want to bring their talents into a diverse “for purpose” space. If you’re equally as passionate about making quality mental healthcare accessible to all then Talkspace is the right place for you!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. Come as you are and learn about the exciting opportunities on our team.
Individuals seeking employment at Talkspace are considered without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.