Director, Enterprise Deal Desk at Collibra
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra is looking for a Director to lead and scale our enterprise deal desk. This role will report to the Head of Business Ops and will be an integral part in helping Collibra’s continued hyper-growth. This is a hands-on, roll up your sleeves position and requires a focus on details, organization, and playing as a team. If you put customer experience and service first, strive for excellence with a strong attention to detail, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you.
In this position, you will sit at the crossroads of Sales, Finance, Legal, and Finance. You will be a strategic advisor, managing complex deal flow, ensuring compliance, and driving sustainable growth while minimizing Sales cycle times. Using sound business acumen and excellent communication and collaboration skills you will be an essential part in helping Collibra continue to grow.A day in the life of a Director, Enterprise Deal Desk: You’ll be reporting directly Matt Moore, Head of Business Operations, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- First and foremost, be a trusted and valued advisor to the Field team; provide thoughtful and experience-laden deal guidance that aligns the best interests of Collibra and the customer including price, commercial terms, etc.
- Refine and oversee the overall quote-to-order process
- Refine standard and non-standard deal criteria and related approval processes.
- Streamline standard deal flow and implement new functionality in Salesforce.com/CPQ to support Review deal financials, pricing, and business risk.
- Provide discount and margin guidance based upon an understanding of overall deal portfolio, customer landscape, and business strategy
- Effectively champion resolution of any misalignments between internal operational processes/guidelines and customer needs
- Engage directly with customers when needed to help drive resolution of questions/concerns regarding deal financials and structure
- Assist with driving completion and optimization of complex non-standard deals
- A bachelor's degree 5+ years of experience leading a Deal Desk in a software company
- 12+ years proven professional with a combination of experience in Sales, Finance, or Legal
- com and quote-to-cash process and technology experience
- Excellent customer-facing skills and experience
- Proven track record of building cross-functional relationships with Sales, Finance, and Legal
- Proven track record of thought leadership within an organization including team leadership & mentorship skills
- Experience reviewing large enterprise customer contracts and building complex deals
- Ability to think strategically when designing deal pricing to maximize revenue and decrease deal cycle time
- Creativity to define and communicate solutions that fit both Collibra's and a customer's needs;
- Identify up-sell opportunities
- Excellent communicator and consensus builder across all functions and levels of an organization
- Strong analytical capabilities; can understand the 'big picture' and also articulate complex issues clearly and concisely
- Experience training Sales teams in contracting/negotiation/deal-making best practices
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible hours = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package
Collibra is not currently accepting unsolicited assistance or resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to Collibra or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of Collibra. No fee shall be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Collibra as a result of the referral or through other means.