Peloton is looking for a senior technical leader to define and execute on a vision to create a world class operations engineering team for Enterprise Systems. The result will ensure we consistently, reliably, and effortlessly deliver best-in-class experiences to customers and our internal teams. Your primary responsibilities include providing effective monitoring and incident management for multiple global business services. You will also define and roll out processes and frameworks for change management, problem management, environment management that work across Enterprise Systems and the broader Peloton technology team. You will then work with our peers and stakeholders to gain alignment and adoption.
As a key leader within Enterprise Systems, you will work with your peers to define a service catalog, define service level indicators, and automate reporting against these over time. You take a risk-based approach, and put in the lightest possible solutions. You will help us find problems before our customers do while scaling our operations.
The successful candidate will have a mix of excellent technical, analytical, program management, and communications skills. You are a strong, acknowledged leader, an empathic listener, and you can explain complex ideas to C-level audiences using plain English. You have worked for a large enterprise, and you want to mature Peloton’s thinking and execution. You have been responsible for an operations team running a global, 24x7 service. You are very collaborative, thrive when solving hard problems, and move effortlessly across organizational boundaries.
Director, Enterprise Operations Responsibilities:
- Build the long term strategic roadmap for the Enterprise Systems Operations architecture in line with business priorities and objectives
- Mature our execution on basic operational processes including incident management, change management, problem management using the lightest touch possible.
- Build out, manage and automate our pre-production environments, including regular refresh schedules for all supported platforms
- Build out and manage a global team of operations staff
- Create proactive alerting systems to ensure rapid detection and response to production issues
- Create effective communication channels and protocols for creating the right level of awareness across Peloton
- Identify strategies for resolving and preferably avoiding unintended consequences introduced by complex development and business process re-engineering programs
- Recommend approaches to make Peloton’s business infrastructure more agile and responsive to changing business conditions. These approaches may include people and processes as well as technology.
- 10+ years of enterprise operations experience including support of 24x7 systems
- 5+ years of leadership experience of global teams
- 5+ years working with SaaS applications
- 3+ years of business systems analyst or engineering experience
- 3+ years implementing monitoring, management, CI/CD platforms
- Excellent communication, analytical, and project management skills
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.