Director of Expansion
As Director of Expansion you will build and lead a team of Expansion Managers in launching Compass into each of our new markets. Our growth plans for 2019 domestically and internationally are incredibly ambitious, and we’re looking for a leader to help take our expansion management capabilities to the next level.
You will own our market launch playbook, refining, developing and rolling out best-in-class process on key areas of launch: product readiness, marketing, agent recruiting, office selection, hiring, legal, onboarding, and culture. In addition, your team will own the execution of market launches with responsibility for leading operations and local staff to ensure business success with complete ownership of regional P&Ls. You will work directly with functional leaders at HQ and our COO on budgeting, reporting and financial planning. This role will require willingness to travel up to ~50% of the time.
At Compass You Will:
- Own and refine the launch market playbook
- Manage a team of expansion managers who are responsible for the day-to-day launch operations of a particular city
- Guide and operationalize key strategic decisions for new Compass cities
- Manage local staff and maintain thoughtful business process to support agents
- Help drive the company roadmap by figuring out what products and services would help elevate new Compass markets
- Manage P&L for the launch and approve major expense items; work directly with HQ and company COO on reporting and financial planning topics
- Drive process improvement across all regional departments
- Make hiring decisions and own operational org chart
- Work with the expansion real estate team to find, select, and secure new offices in each of our markets
- Be an “athlete”, and be excited to dive in and play a hands on role when needed
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate business development, private equity, or finance. Experience at a high growth company or startup a major plus.
- MBA preferred but not required
- Ability to gain respect from and lead seasoned real estate industry professionals
- Strong strategic planning skills, effective project management, and sound decision making abilities
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach
- Excellent communicator who can effectively manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Charisma without ego and a natural ability to connect with others
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.