Director of Facilities at Peloton
Director of Facilities, Field Operations
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide at home access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body – all from your home.
As a company Peloton believes in taking risks and continuously challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to think like owners. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.
Provide expertise in areas of facilities, project management and preventative maintenance across the Field Operations business unit. Assist the operations to maintain compliance with all local business requirements. Aid business units in actions to ensure safe building operations while maintaining costs through construction projects. The role is responsible for planning, managing, and leading Property Leads located in our Super Field Operations.
- Coordinates, creates, oversees and/or manages repair and preventive maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work. Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Implement, monitor, and control financial planning and analyze cost calculations and cost comparisons; ensure that monthly invoicing is processed as per agreed-upon timelines
- Partner with outsourced vendors to develop processes and procedures and improve organizational satisfaction through defined service-level agreements (SLAs) and KPIs
- Regularly interact with senior management and executive levels on matters relating to warehouse facilities
- Develop, modify, and enforce company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect
- Prepare and present project and program business justification, including the scope of work, budget requirements, ROI, ongoing real-time on-demand status updates, etc.
- Oversees all facets of the 3rd party utility provider. Identifying procurement opportunities in deregulated states and accurate energy collection data.
- Oversee all construction projects in warehouses. Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects
- Participate in new lease acquisitions including all legal negotiations
- Aligns space plan and master plan with company long term strategies. Develops processes and tools to enhance rigor within space planning and space utilization and workplace strategies for a changing workforce.
- Assumes both an advisory, as well as a participatory role in connection with the companies’ emergency management, safety and environmental programs.
- Ensure all permits and business licenses are established and maintained
- Ensure all lease requirements are being adhered to
- 8+ years of experience working in a business or facilities-related role
- 5+ years of team management experience leading, motivating, and developing a team
- University degree or equivalent experience in the industry
- Solid experience building relationships with stakeholders, including vendors and broader business community; ability to persuade associates at all levels
- Motivated with the ability to work with little direct supervision in a fast-paced corporate environment while effectively managing time and tasks
- High level of budget management skills
- Space planning and utilization skills
- Great communicator and listener; experience presenting across all levels of an organization
- Solid troubleshooting mindset, creative problem-solving and time management skills, and the ability to make connections across complex ideas
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations