DoorDash is looking for a seasoned operator, business leader and entrepreneur to lead our newest vertical, Government and Non-Profit.
DoorDash is quickly expanding its first-of-a-kind social impact program, Project DASH, to help governments and nonprofits serve their constituents through last mile delivery. Examples of services may include food rescue from grocery stores and restaurants to soup kitchens, delivery of food packages from schools & food pantries to families, or the delivery of supplies and other essential items to senior citizens and other vulnerable populations. This role will take on end-to-end leadership of this new business unit in collaboration with our Policy and Social Impact team, and lead a high-performance team of operators. The GM will help set a long-term course for this effort and scale it against audacious goals in the years ahead. In doing so, the GM will help transform the way that governments and non-profits service their constituents, impacting millions of people in communities around the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Own: Set a course, and lead your cross functional team to achieve P&L outcomes, OKRs and KPIs for DoorDash’s Government & Non-Profit effort
- Build: Design, launch and scale the processes to turn the Government and Non-Profit effort into a high performance operating team
- Lead: Source, hire and lead a world-class team of builders and owners in support of our Government and Non-Profit partners
- Collaborate: Work closely with our Public Policy and Communications teams to ensure alignment with our mission, values, and strategic goals
- Sell: Partner with our Policy team to build relationships with senior government and non-profit leaders to embed DoorDash as a mission-critical function in their communities
- You are an operator looking to make an impact with strong leadership, organizational and general management skills
- You move fast and hit audacious goals in fast-growing environments
- You cut through ambiguity with first-principles thinking
- You are a leader of people and teams with first-class collaboration skills
- You empower people and hold them accountable
- You are client-facing and customer-obsessed
- You use data to solve problems and inform tough business decisions
- You think about problems and opportunities from end-to-end
- You possess first-class business presentation skills and executive presence
- You strike a balance between attention to detail and strategic thinking
- You are able to think strategically but also roll up your sleeves; a good day is out of the office and in the field with our partners
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree preferred
- 10+ years of cross-functional leadership and management experience
- GM / P&L ownership experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience as an operator in a high-growth, complex environment
- Prior investment banking, consulting or operating experience
- Prior public service and/or non-profit experience preferred
- New business and partnerships experience required
- Strong analytics and business presentation skills required
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.