Director, General Manager - Grocery & Convenience Fulfillment at DoorDash
DoorDash is looking for a seasoned operator and business leader to lead our Grocery & Convenience fulfillment business.
About the Role:
DoorDash is investing heavily in the grocery & convenience sector through its white label fulfillment platform, DoorDash Drive. Today, Drive partners with some of the largest grocers and retailers in the world to help power omnichannel customer experiences through world class delivery services. This role will take on end-to-end leadership of a business unit with existing scale across the United States and Canada, but one that’s still in its earliest days.
What You’ll Do:
- Own: Drive the P&L outcomes, OKR’s and KPIs for the Drive Grocery & Convenience effort
- Build: Define, scope, build and scale new products and services alongside our Product & Engineering team
- Lead: Source, hire and lead a world class team of builders and owners in support of our Grocery & Convenience partners
- Teach: Be a companywide expert on the financial and operational drivers behind Grocery eCommerce
- Collaborate: Harness the full power of DoorDash’s functional teams, to include Product, Engineering, Enterprise, Supply and Support to deliver the whole of DoorDash for your partners
- Sell: Build relationships with senior grocery leaders to drive new business creation across the whole DoorDash platform (fulfillment, catering, etc.)
- You are an operator at your core with strong general management skills that span product, operations, sales and financials
- You move fast and hit audacious goals in fast growing environments
- You cut through ambiguity with first principles thinking
- You are a leader of people and teams with first class collaboration skills
- You empower people and hold them accountable
- You are client-facing and customer obsessed
- You use data to solve problems and inform tough business decisions
- You think about problems and opportunities from end-to-end
- You possess first class business presentation skills and executive presence
- You strike a balance between attention to detail and strategic thinking
- You are able to think strategically but also roll-up your sleeves; a good day is out of the office and in the field with our grocery partners
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree
- 10+ years of cross-functional leadership and management experience
- GM / P&L ownership experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience as an operator in a high-growth, complex environment
- Prior investment banking, consulting or operating experience in the consumer retail sector preferred
- New business and partnerships experience required
- Strong analytics and business presentation skills required
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.