Director, General Manager NYC - Drive at DoorDash
DoorDash Drive is our company’s hyper-growth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States and Canada. The General Manager of NYC, will build and grow our Drive business in the region. Building superior last-mile delivery logistics in dense, urban cities is a massive opportunity, and DoorDash is quickly becoming a leader in this area.
What You’ll Do
- Own the business — be directly responsible for building the vision for DoorDash Drive in NYC. Drive growth and manage the P&L
- Build the team — Recruit and lead top talent on the Drive team
- Business development – Develop and foster deep relationships with top priority partners to iterate and grow the business
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Support, Sales and Account Management teams to drive growth and improve the dasher and merchant experience
- Experiment – Evaluate and test various revenue, cost and quality drivers
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- Humble — you’re willing to get your hands dirty and you’re open to feedback
- Natural leader – you pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans.
- Persuasive — you’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits DoorDash Drive will bring to their business
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Masters Degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in consulting, finance, strategy, business development or operations experience
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and execution background - ability to identify and implement growth opportunities
- An exceptional track record of building partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.