Director, Global Infrastructure
The Director, Global Infrastructure has responsibility for all aspects of network and system engineering at Peloton including strategic planning, architecture, performance management and capacity planning, and service and support.
This is a key leadership role within the IT organization that interfaces closely with internal stakeholders, executive management and internal department heads. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong technical knowledge, but equally focused on customer service, automation, continuous improvement, and an innovative mindset that will lead to operational efficiencies, increased compliance, and an optimized global support model. The right candidate will have a track-record of leading complex initiatives, the ability to navigate both strategic and tactical challenges, a strong business acumen, and the capacity to lead several key initiatives in parallel working with large extended and cross functional teams.
- Oversee Peloton’s growing global infrastructure for retail, supply chain, call centers, studios, and other business critical operations across 130 facilities in 4 countries.
- Responsible for Peloton’s data networks, unified communication platforms, network security, mobility, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Own’s strategic planning, architecture, engineering, performance management and capacity planning.
- Global Level 2 service and support for 24x7x365 technical operations, including the alerting pipeline, event management and incident response.
- Technical leadership for all aspects of new facility capital project delivery including: power, cooling, networking, external connectivity, low voltage cabling, physical security, environmental controls, A/V and conferencing.
- Compliance with country specific requirements, including important regulatory requirements and crypto export restrictions.
- Direct oversight of staff executing all aspects of systems, storage, network, mobility, unified communications, and third-party service organizations.
- Manage service levels and drive organizational initiatives with data and metric driven decision making.
- Manage new vendor acquisition including RFI, RFP, RFQ and contract negotiations, and insure vendor performance and compliance through active monitoring.
- Develop and execute operational and capital budgets for the Infrastructure function, including vendor and contract management.
- Manage network and system integration for newly acquired companies.
- Partner with the business and other areas of IT in order to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Build and manage a disaster recovery plan in support of an overall business continuity program
- Drive integrated global teams to deliver business process and technology solutions in support of key internal initiatives by working closely with stakeholders, architects, developers and vendors
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related field, or equivalent experience and technical training preferred
- 12+ years leading design and support of enterprise-level IT infrastructures
- Hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement and a supreme focus on customer service and relationship management with organizational partners and customers.
- Experience with best of breed infrastructure solutions, including proven experience with Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Practical experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures - with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Experience managing global 24x7x365 IT operations with a service orientation.
- Practical knowledge of ITIL and ITSM processes and implementation
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, NIST, PCI, and/or key controls pertaining to IT infrastructure management
- Experience in managing engineering teams that are regionally and globally distributed.
- Experience leading teams in long term strategic planning and architectural design.
- Budget management and planning a must.
- Prior experience negotiating and managing large-scale contracts with a specific focus on networks and services.
- Excellent critical/structured analysis (business, technical, financial), strategic planning, and project execution skills.
- Must be able to partner and communicate technically and non-technically effectively across all levels of employees. Strong executive presentation skills.
- Team player with a passion for building relationships and providing exceptional service.
- Domestic and International travel (~10%)
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.