Director, Global Transportation at Peloton
About the role: The Director, Global Transportation is a critical leadership role in the Peloton Logistics organization. In this position you will be responsible for all cross border freight movements globally and transforming our ocean & air operations from Freight forwarder model to BCO model and BEYOND.
You will develop and execute a strategy that will drive both service improvement and cost reductions for Pelotons supply chain.
You will manage Peloton’s International Transportation providers to execute against committed End-to-End lead times into the North American and International markets. This role will be responsible for strategy and execution of cross border freight moves in all modes. You will manage the growth of our volumes, 26K FEU’s and more than doubling every year, while maintaining/improving service reliability and driving the lowest practical cost for a given service level requirement. You will be involved from the point of sourcing strategic partners through RFQ’s, contract negotiations, system integration and enhancements, securing capacity based on forecasting, serve as point of escalation, set and manage performance KPI’s and ensure accurate and timely billing by our partners.
We are looking for a seasoned, strategic and visionary leader, who has built best in class shipper operations, to help Peloton position itself to operate as an agile at scale future Fortune 500 company.
The ideal candidate comes from a management role as an Importer/Shipper. Freight Forwarder and steamship line experience is also valuable.
- Develop Strategy and drive execution for all cross border freight movement across all modes of transportation
- Own the roadmap to develop BEYOND Best in class performance
- Cultivate top talent to enable the business
- Scale Team and Processes for growth
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Anticipate disruptions to Peloton’s supply chain and prepare contingency planning
- Interact with all business stakeholders in identifying business needs, building relationships, and using your influence skills to drive cross-functional projects
- Build and cultivate strategic relationships with key service providers while developing a robust network of high-performing service provider partners
- This leader will lead the supplier vetting and selection
- Develop best-in-industry partner performance management program to continuously improve customer experiences with highly reliable carrier performance
- Strong emphasis on Team Member development to create a positive member focused culture
- Full responsibility for the development and management of international freight spend and budgets
- Articulate and communicate global transportation roadmaps in collaboration with internal customers and cross-functional stakeholders
- BS Business, Logistics, Operations or similar, MBA Preferred
- 7+ Years managing people
- 10+ years with an Importer, Freight Forwarder or Steamship line in a similar role with at least 3 years in operations (min of 5+ years with an importer/shipper)
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple global air and ocean lane RFP/RFQ efforts
- Excellent Data Analytics skills
- Must have previous experience with E2Open, ERP, TMS and have the mindset to implement systemic and data driven solutions to problems
- Ability to translate data into clear action items and insights to Peloton’s Senior and Executive Management
- Highly organized and structured
- Highly detail and process oriented
- Continuous improvement mindset, consistently challenging the status-quo
- Forward thinking, anticipating disruptions and contingency planning mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high tech environment prone to change
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Capability to build and manage a high functioning team with inspirational and positive leadership
- Overall passion for Supply Chain and Transportation
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Up to 25% Travel
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.