Director, Grants and Innovation Lab, Social Good at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
About Social Good at Dataminr:
At Dataminr, we are committed to leveraging the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good. Over the years, we have built strong partnerships with a number of humanitarian organizations–including the United Nations and Direct Relief–to help them more effectively deliver aid and protect staff and beneficiaries during critical events.
Our Social Good team is expanding in 2022. We aim not only to bring our current capabilities to bear with a broader set of nonprofits and intergovernmental organizations (IGOs), but also to work closely with leading social impact organizations to identify new ways to employ real time information and AI for the benefit of people and planet
As Director of the Social Good Grants and Innovation Lab, you'll help to grow our impact by building a best-in-class program designed to match Dataminr technology and expertise with big, game-changing ideas that address the world’s most pressing problems. You will cultivate relationships with key stakeholders–both internal and external–and drive the strategy to deepen our capabilities in key impact areas including climate, human rights, public health, and free and fair media and democracy.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated, intrapreneurial professional with experience launching new programs and seeing them through from concept to execution. You're methodical in your approach, unflinching in setting and exceeding ambitious goals, and passionate about establishing strong cross-sector and cross-functional relationships in order to achieve them.
Above all, you have demonstrated your commitment to positive social and environmental impact, ideally with a focus on using technology to these ends. You're excited to build a thriving social innovation program serving high-profile nonprofits and IGOs and have existing senior contacts in the space.
- Oversee seamless launch, selection, execution and wrap of each grant round, adjusting strategy as needed to deliver successful grantee engagements with measurable impact.
- Develop and manage a robust portfolio of potential grantee leads across our six impact pillars, drawing from your own existing senior relationships at nonprofits and IGOs.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with executive sponsors at grantee organizations, and act as a thought partner from RFP through the duration of the grant.
- Recruit and coordinate panel for review and selection of grant proposals. Strategically navigate and influence internal stakeholders–including product and engineering–to ensure the Grants and Innovation Lab program delivers on the promise of game-changing social impact.
- Set strategy–theme, geos, selection criteria, timing–for grant rounds and draft RFPs accordingly.
- Work with Technical Project Manager to maximize the impact of each grantee engagement by providing top notch communications and support for grantees, and flawless coordination with Dataminr’s technical teams.
- Develop messaging strategies to promote Dataminr’s Grants and Innovation Lab program.
- Capture key learnings, quantitative and qualitative outcomes in order to drive product and process improvements and generate compelling content to inspire employees, investors and the broader public.
- Develop deep insights regarding critical social impact areas, trends impacting the humanitarian sector, and other information necessary to shape the success of this Social Good vertical.
- Collaborate across verticals (e.g. public sector) and functions (e.g. DE&I) to realize the potential of multi-stakeholder partnerships and support the success of Dataminr’s business as a whole.
- Attend and present at top industry events and focused symposiums to increase awareness of Dataminr’s brand and Social Good value proposition
- Support recruitment of and co-lead Dataminr’s Social Good Advisory Board
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally with a technology company
- 5+ years in an intrapreneurial/innovation, CSR or grant-making role
- Demonstrated commitment to and contacts in social and/or environmental impact
- Experience driving operational and strategic initiatives.
- Solid problem-solving skills, combined with impeccable business acumen.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior executive communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of publicly available information, enterprise software/SaaS, and/or artificial intelligence (AI) a strong plus
- Open to travel as required (once deemed safe)
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.