Director, Grocery Retail at Harry's Inc.
Director of Grocery Retail
Location Flexible – NYC preferred
The Director of Grocery Retail is the primary strategic leader for Harry’s Inc across our Grocery Retail Channel. This includes important current strategic partners such as Kroger, Meijer, Ahold, HEB, Harris Teeter, HyVee, Wegmans, and Wakefern/ShopRite. This role will lead our comprehensive business plan for Grocery and will also lead a highly talented team of selling managers and cross-functional managers that will represent the entire Harry’s portfolio. This role plays a direct and vital impact on the company’s future growth and success, as we continue to build innovation and scale for Harry’s brand portfolio while significantly broadening the awareness, trial potential, and efficiency for the overall business This individual needs to embody the understanding that customers are the humans who use our products and we want to delight them everyday. Retail Partnerships represent a very important aspect of bringing these experiences to life! Our retail team deeply understands our brands, the customers who use our brands, and our retail partners’ objectives and strategies.
About the Team
The Retail Organization is a critical function that drives the Harry’s brand strategy and growth with our mass market and specialty retail partners. The Retail Sales organization is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, store operations, supply chain, and omnichannel development.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead Harry’s Inc. business portfolio development across Grocery, to include delivering budgeted sales revenue, gross profit, category share development, omnichannel development, and supply chain excellence. This includes leading a cross-functional team that will surround our partner with a total solutions approach and capability.
- Manage and own the Grocery P&L, including trade investment and overall OpEx considerations.
- Own the establishment and execution of our overall vision and strategy to win with our key retail partners, to include collaborating to secure input, investment and support from internal cross-functional partners.
- Build and foster relationships with our retailer’s senior-level leadership, including merchandising, marketing, supply chain and store operations. This includes building and owning a JVC (Joint Value Creation) plan and scorecard, which encompasses our mutual growth targets and strategic investment areas for Harry’s Inc. across a 3-year timetable.
- Ensure we have robust category-level Joints Business Plans with corresponding scorecards that represent mutually defined annual goals.
- Lead the hiring, training and personal development of team talent for Harry’s Inc – creating a highly collaborative and effective culture that reflects Harry’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Manage a high functioning team and agency partners to serve the needs of our retail partners and Harry’s at an optimal and mutually defined ROI.
- Define and lead the necessary business questions and support from data analytics and shopper/consumer insights, to position Harry’s as the thought leader in shave and soft product categories in which we compete.
These might describe you
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track-record for exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a general management mindset and capabilities.
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Demonstrated track-record of experience and success in delivering top and bottom line results.
- Leadership experience in CPG marketing, sales or retail merchandising and marketing is ideal.
- Curiosity and passion for creating breakthrough moments in store merchandising and store operation execution.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brand at retail
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast paced environment
Who you will work with
- You'll work most closely with key retail leadership and contacts, Sales Strategy and Planning and Brand for go-to-market planning, distribution and Supply for operational and fulfillment needs, R&D for product and display design needs, Retail Marketing for demand creation best practice.
- You'll report to the Head of Retail at Harry’s
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.