Flatiron’s mission is to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. We’re expanding our partnerships with cancer centers in the US, and are looking for a leader to drive this expansion. If you’re interested in joining an innovative team focused on developing products to support cancer research & care delivery, here’s what you need to know about the role - we’d love to talk to you!
Flatiron Health is looking for a Director of Growth, Academic & Health System Partnerships, who will drive growth of our academic & health system network, leveraging a set of existing research and quality improvement products to define a strategy that creates value for oncology providers across the ecosystem. This role requires exceptional interpersonal and project management skills, a knack for creative problem-solving, and a passion for taking on some of the most complex challenges in healthcare. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable with ambiguity and excited to define and execute on a growth strategy.
What You'll Do
- Define a network growth strategy in the academic and health system market segment, working closely with internal stakeholders to create a compelling plan that meets Flatiron’s business needs
- Identify and prioritize new partnership opportunities with academic cancer centers and health system business lines
- Lead all aspects of partnership / deal execution, including identification and prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, partnership structuring and negotiation, operations planning, and follow through to results
- Collaborate with Flatiron’s subject matter experts to be the voice of the (potential) customer, informing Flatiron’s product roadmap
- Be part of a relatively small, innovative team that is building high value products in support of cancer research and delivery
- As the business grows, build out a team to support broader partner engagement
Who You Are
- You have 7+ years experience in externally-facing roles in healthcare or technology, ideally including direct experience developing partnerships with large health systems and academic medical centers
- You have robust project management experience, including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed customer plans, and organize cross-functional efforts
- You have exceptional written and communication skills; experience developing external relationships
- You are well-informed of the healthcare industry, maintaining a close watch on market trends and dynamics
- You are a highly analytical thinker with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications
- You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity - you’re able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information and have a demonstrated ability to learn complex concepts quickly
- You have domain expertise in an area relevant to Flatiron’s products or operations: oncology, outcomes research, clinical research, real-world evidence, value-based care
- You have experience partnering with engineering and product teams to develop and maintain data integration/implementation projects.
You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives honest feedback and values the opportunity to improve the lives of cancer patients.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Flatiron Health is a leading healthcare technology company, headquartered in New York City, and focused on oncology. Flatiron was acquired for $1.9B in 2018, making it one of the largest technology exits in the space, and remains an independent subsidiary of the largest oncology drug developer, the Roche Group. Flatiron is building a connected technology platform that enables the development of actionable insights that can help cancer care providers and researchers learn from every patient’s experience. Our 900 employees and 1500 part-time data abstractors represent a diverse group of leaders from across industries, including oncologists and nurses, data scientists, engineers, researchers and many more.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, product teams, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer competitive company benefits and salary, including a generous pension plan and daily stipend for lunch and snacks.
Flatiron is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.