Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Director, Head of Compliance you’ll play a meaningful role in making sure that Zocdoc has a best-in-class compliance and risk governance program. The Head of Compliance reports to the General Counsel, and has oversight over and operational responsibilities for the Compliance Program at Zocdoc. This person is responsible for leading a culture of compliance within Zocdoc, and for further developing Zocdoc’s Compliance Program, including determining its effectiveness and identifying areas for improvement. They are also responsible for the Company’s internal audit program and ensuring each business head implements adequate controls to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The role is an operationally-focused one, and the right candidate will have broad subject matter expertise in internal controls, including financial and information security controls, enterprise risk management, and related disciplines. The right candidate will also have a record of substantial accomplishment in change management in regulated industries.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- A self-starter mentality with the ability to work well under pressure and a strong sense of personal accountability and ownership
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities and situations
- Able to engage, inspire, build credibility, and trust across all levels of the Company
- Serious about your work, but not about yourself. Let’s face it - the way this year is going, you kind of need a sense of humor
Your day to day is…
- Managing and enhancing Zocdoc’s Compliance Program; working closely with stakeholders across the business
- Conducting periodic risk assessments of our Compliance Program and develop action plans to mitigate risks
- Managing and enhancing the Company’s current overall risk-related readiness with respect to technology, data, privacy, finance, third-party management and related topics
- Developing a roadmap to achieve robust, best-in-class internal controls and risk management environment
- Working closely with key personnel across the organization, and managing outside consultants and vendors whose work is essential to ensuring Company-wide success in risk governance and management
- Serving as a thought partner to the Company’s C-Suite in developing a roadmap for the Company’s long-term Enterprise Risk Management activities
- Managing and supporting the ethics and compliance program by regularly reviewing and updating policies and procedures, and ensuring their implementation and consistency.
- Designing and administering compliance training and continuing education programs
- Overseeing testing and monitoring of the Compliance Program
- Overseeing the development and daily functions of the Compliance Hotline
- Coordinating or conducting investigations related to reports received through the Compliance Hotline or otherwise
- Issuing briefing documents regarding legal and regulatory updates
- Maintaining a deep and up-to-date knowledge of Zocdoc’s current and future product offerings, and compliance-related issues that could affect Zocdoc
- Regularly reporting to senior management and Board of Directors on compliance issues, recommendations, and progress
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- A Master’s Degree in business or accounting, or a Law Degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in compliance leadership
- 5+ years building Compliance programs in late-stage private companies
- Substantial experience and a record of accomplishment with change management in regulated industries
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC, CHPC, CPCO), Internal Audit (CIA), or Fraud Examination (CFE) preferred
- Experience in conducting audits and risk assessments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including with executive management and Board members
- Superior communication, organization, project management, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated decision-making capability while dealing with competing interests
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (when back in office)
- Parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.