At Datadog, the People team is more than just human resources—it’s a data-driven team dedicated to improving the way we recruit, develop, and retain our most valuable asset: our people. Our People team is comprised of problem solvers who work closely with leadership and employees to ensure that Datadog keeps scaling smoothly and remains a great place to work.
Datadog is seeking a Director, HRIS to join our People team. This person will own our Workday tenant, and drive a variety of projects throughout the system in conjunction with People Business Partners, Talent, Compensation, Benefits, among others: Core HCM, Compensation, Performance, Time and Absence, Security as well as other People applications and systems.
The successful candidate will have significant knowledge of Workday and the ability to own the roadmapping and prioritization of Workday and other HR systems and processes. You will play a critical part in the continued deployment of new functionality, developing solutions and enabling the continued growth of Datadog. It will be imperative to have a holistic view on all HRIS in order to build a comprehensive strategy across all tools covering all people areas.
- Drive the ramping of Workday through Datadog by enhancing business processes and other Workday functionality in collaboration with the People team and functional owners
- Ensure the effective integration of Workday with other systems and tools within the People team and with Corp IT, Finance, Business Operations, Sales, etc/
- Provide People Intelligence through data analysis, proactively identify areas for improvement and propose new processes where needed
- Analyze, design and build new custom reports and dashboards relating to multiple objects and data transformations with Workday reporting functionality (e.g., Report Writer, Calculated Fields, Advanced Report Writing)
- Work closely with all Centers of Expertise to ensure we embed all HR processes in HRIS; maintain their ongoing design, configuration and deployment in Workday and other systems (e.g., Culture Amp, Greenhouse, Jira, Freshservice)
- Create and drive the strategy for all HRIS initiatives and priorities
- Manage the People helpdesk team, guiding efforts for troubleshooting any issues that might arise with self-service, security, business processes, etc.
- Consult with business and technical teams about interface design and maintenance; collaborate with other team members on design decisions
- Design and build out onboarding process in Workday for the People team in collaboration with functional owners
- Review, analyze and create detailed documentation of business processes and systems functionality, including workflows, program functions and steps required to execute transactions
- Hire and manage a team covering HRIS and Analytics as well as Compliance
- An experienced professional with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Human Resources, or with equivalent work experience
- Someone with at least 10+ years of experience as an HRIS professional and at least 3+ years working with Workday; possessing one or more Workday Pro certifications is a plus
- Previously experienced in HR, including employment law is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel is a must (e.g. pivot tables, Vlookups)
- Familiare with business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, PowerBI
- Experienced in Workday HCM, proficient in Excel
- Experienced with creating, building and driving strategy
- Technically experienced with Workday tools (Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), Workday Report Writer)
- Someone with a strong understanding of data transformation and analytics
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.