Director, Inclusion & Employee Engagement at Casper
Casper is looking for a Director of Inclusion & Employee Engagement. Reporting directly to our Chief People and Diversity Officer, this role will be tasked with managing all efforts that help drive employee excitement, retention and overall engagement. The Director of Inclusion & Employee Engagement will also help to shape the overall Casper culture and values through innovative programming and best-in-class initiatives. This position will also serve as our in-house champion for all Diversity, Inclusion and Employee Belonging programming.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep products—including mattresses, pillows, bedding, and furniture—designed in-house by the Company’s award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns and operates Sleep Shops across North America and its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Partner with CPO to develop and execute a comprehensive DEI mission and strategy and related programming.
- Serve as key leader and advisor to Casper’s DEI Council.
- Partner with People Team leaders and other internal stakeholders to ensure Casper’s DEI mission is applied to everything we do.
General Employee Experience
- Partner with CPO to develop a consistent Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and vision for the Casper overall employee experience.
- Partner with People Team Leadership to ensure that EVP is being applied consistently across all People functions, programs and processes.
- Lead initiatives that serve to enhance the employee experience (eg. on-boarding, employee recognition, internal events/celebrations) using innovative thinking and external best practices. Bringing Casper “Zing” to life.
- Partner with key business leaders to ensure a consistent experience is delivered to all employees, regardless of functional area.
- Identify key employee opinions and needs through the use of surveys, focus groups and other innovative methods.
- Devise a plan for continuous employee engagement through effective action planning processes that will improve quality of the employee experience.
- Develop and drive communications that engage and inspire Casper employees around the company’s mission and vision.
- Serve as a trusted internal communications partner and strategic advisor for senior internal clients.
- Experiment with new, creative ways to reach employees with the news and information they care about, and drive their engagement in prioritized company initiatives.
- Partner with the Executive team to plan content for major emails, scripts and presentations internally.
- Work in partnership with Marketing to create employee videos, graphics, newsletters,etc. for Casper employees across the entire company.
- Support the content development and overall project management of all hands meetings, Q&A sessions and other internal events with a focus on driving post event measurement.
- Experience in organization(s) that have experience hyper change and growth (leaders, structure)
- Experience developing and delivering solutions to a Head of People, CEO, and Sr. Leaders
- Demonstrated strength in project management and planning, from idea to execution
- Hands-on and rolls up sleeves; comfortable teaching and developing others
- Able to distill and simplify complex scenarios both verbally and in writing
- Able to flourish in a fast-paced culture
- Passionate about creating a more equitable society at large
- Positive and optimistic by nature, a “why don’t we….” person
- Great listener
- Highly collaborative, yet also self-directed; anticipates and takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact, discretion and ethics
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, no cost well-being apps like Headspace and Aaptiv
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Gifted product when you join and product discounts for friends and family!