Director, Incubating Verticals at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for a Director, Incubating Verticals to lead our expansion into new industries and use cases to unlock growth for CLEAR. In this role, you’ll answer the question, “what’s next?” by pinpointing opportunities for unprecedented growth outside CLEAR’s existing lines of business.
You’ll be at the forefront of CLEAR’s expansion into new markets, leading the strategy, launch and expansion of CLEAR into new use cases and industries, from building strong, strategic partnerships to validating CLEAR’s value through first-to-market pilots.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking, intellectually-curious self-starter who is obsessed with the art of the possible and can’t wait to be at the forefront of what’s next.
What You Will Do:
- Identify opportunities for CLEAR in net new industries that will be transformative for CLEAR’s growth trajectory
- Unlock new use cases for CLEAR by building strong partner pipelines in each prospective industry to validate CLEAR’s value prop and business case
- Test and assess market fit and opportunity for expansion through partner engagement, pilot launches, member adoption and more
- Deeply understand prospective partners’ strategic goals and needs, and map that back to CLEAR’s value proposition and capabilities stack to determine fit
- Keep a pulse on how CLEAR’s platform may evolve to meet the needs of various new industries, and cascade this information effectively internally throughout CLEAR, in particular to Product and Engineering as needed
Who You Are:
- 5-8 years professional experience in the consulting, a high-growth startup, or similar
- A self-starter with a strong sense of urgency who’s excited to experience a start-up in hyper-growth
- Crave impact and have a track record of success at operationalizing new businesses and experiences
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment
- Strong ability to prioritize and balance strategy with execution
- Sense of humility and a desire to roll up your sleeves
- Maintain a member-focused approach in everything you do
- Willingness to travel as required (likely up to 50% of the time)