Director, Information Technology
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
The IT team is a diverse group of technology professionals responsible for the infrastructure that powers Rent the Runway’s physical office locations, warehouses, retail stores, and drop box locations. You will be joining a strategic group that cross-functionally services the Rent the Runway business and partners with multiple departments across the entire enterprise. The IT Team is helping the company achieve scale by enabling expansion to new sites, as well as driving efficiencies throughout IT processes.
About the Job:
The Director of IT Operations, will be responsible to lead IT for all of Rent the Runway’s physical locations (Corporate, Fulfillment/Warehouse, Retail). You will lead multiple, high visible projects, as well as be responsible for the overall delivery and execution of these initiatives with standard SLAs. This is a hands on role that includes implementation of new infrastructure services, methods, maintenance, and roadmaps development for existing infrastructure, as well as expansion to new sites for a high growth and scale. You will serve as a leader on the team and drive the maturity of processes and people within IT networking, systems, and support.
What You'll Do:
- We are currently on our path towards maturing from a startup to an enterprise brand with 100s of end users and end points. As leader of this group you will be responsible for leading several technical deliverables, working together with our IT service, systems, and network engineering teams.
- You will be accountable for the entire lifecycle of IT infrastructure devices from implementation, asset management (CMDB), upgrades, and deprecation.
- This will include on premise Windows servers, Active Directory, MAC and PC workstations, file shares, Wi-Fi, and mobile devices.
- You will oversee the implementation and roadmaps for collaboration tools such as G-Suite, Zoom, Slack, and all Audio Video and VOIP infrastructure.
- You will be accountable for designing and implementing roadmaps for technologies as well as processes for maintenance and upgrades.
- You will produce stellar technical specs and documentation and drive the team to do the same.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience along with 5+ years of well-rounded IT experience as a lead, supervisor or manager necessary.
- 5+ years experience managing financial and operational aspects of IT, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Process oriented with experience implementing, documenting, and executing process.
- Proficient experience managing inventory, devices and related peripherals
- Able to manage and optimize a growing user base of 400+ employees while leading and empowering your team to support and grow with the company
- Microsoft Active Directory administration experience
- Experience with enterprise applications like GSuite, Jira, Slack, Zoom, Microsoft OS, Mac OS, Workday, Okta, etc
- ITIL certification a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.