Director of Infrastructure at CB Insights
Want to lead a strong team of DevOps engineers and IT personnel who are responsible for the infrastructure that runs our SaaS products and organization?
We are looking for a seasoned infrastructure technologist and leader who is passionate about DevOps and experienced leading and scaling teams responsible for cloud infrastructure and services, software development delivery pipeline, security, and internal IT.
At CB Insights we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward using data. Our system retrieves large amounts of structured and unstructured data and uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from that data. We present those analytics through a sophisticated, dynamic user interface which enables our clients to find answers to their most important questions.
As Director of Infrastructure at CB Insights you set the strategy and execute with your team and the rest of the engineering organization towards a mission of enabling rapid software development through a robust and secure infrastructure, following DevOps best practices with 100% automation as the goal. As owner of our infrastructure you will own platform reliability and incident management of our client facing SaaS application. As owner of IT you will manage all 3rd party software, tools and devices used in the organization as well as budget.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Strategy and leadership - Build a vision for where we need to be for DevOps, infrastructure and IT, manage a plan for how to move towards the vision, and communicate progress to the team and relevant stakeholders
- DevOps - Support the engineering teams with infrastructure and tools for automatically building, deploying and running applications with a goal of 100% automation and observability
- AWS - Build, evolve and manage AWS infrastructure and services that runs our SaaS product
- Security - Ensure our SaaS product, company network/systems and devices are secure and up to date with the latest security measures
- Internal IT - Provision equipment and user accounts, manage 3rd party vendor software across the company
- Platform reliability and production support - Manage the incident management and escalation process to provide 24/7 support of our SaaS application
- Budget - Manage the budget for IT, infrastructure and software tools
- People and team management - Manage and grow team of DevOps engineers and IT professionals
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing and AWS with experience building environments that meet high availability and reliability criteria
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Experience with container architecture and systems (such as Docker) and container orchestration tools (such as Nomad or Kubernetes)
- Experience deploying, managing and monitoring a large number of microservices, each with multiple instances, as well as the supporting infrastructure such as CI/CD pipelines and container orchestration
- Experience securing networks, devices, servers, environments and cloud infrastructure (including SaaS products)
- Experience with vendor relationship management and vendor contract negotiations
- Knowledgeable of fleet provisioning and device management
- Ability to follow a structured and organized approach to stakeholder management with a solutions oriented mindset
- Experience managing people and teams, including career management and conflict resolution
- Clear thinker with the ability to crisply communicate the vision, and to influence positively to create believers towards your team’s mission
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!