Director, Internal Audit at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.The job
Managing risk is critically important for Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs). We are looking for a Director, Internal Audit to help improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to reporting on the effectiveness of our operational controls. This role will report to the VP, General Counsel and work closely with Finance, Risk & Insurance, Product and the Tech Ops teams to develop an internal audit plan that aligns with Justworks’ strategic objectives.What you'll do
- Collaborate with management and internal stakeholders to identify areas of risk within their functions
- Assist with monitoring, analyzing and assessing risks and controls by gathering data/information
- Use a risk-based approach to identify opportunities based on audit outcomes for improving business processes and minimizing risk
- Create better visibility into potential challenges
- Confirm whether policies and procedures are being applied correctly
- Develop and execute operational audits and assist management in developing an audit plan
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Give recommendations and reassurance to senior management about operational risk management (e.g., status and related progress)
- Assist with enterprise risk management framework and related reporting
- Maintain open communication with management
- Assist with SOC audit testing while working closely with internal stakeholders and outside auditors
- 12+ years audit services experience with a bachelor’s degree, including some Big 4 experience, or 8 years and a master’s degree
- Strong communication skills and experience working cross-collaboratively with multiple functions
- Demonstrate analytical/critical thinking and have experience with data analytics reporting
- Experience building an audit plan
- Experience interacting with and presenting to senior management, aligning with strategic objectives
- PEO, payroll, or regulated industry experience a plus
- Privacy, data security or vendor risk experience a plus
- Six sigma certification a plus
We think you will be successful if you...
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- Are personable, self-starting, organized and level-headed
- Can create formal networks involving coordination among different teams
- Can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Are attentive to detail and have a passion for making processes more systematic
- Get things done, even if it's crunch time
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.