Director, Internal Communications
Flatiron Health is a healthcare technology and services company focused on accelerating cancer research and improving patient care. Our platform enables care providers and cancer researchers to improve the lives of cancer patients. By focusing on technology solutions that can be widely deployed across the Flatiron network of providers in both community and academic settings, Flatiron Health has the opportunity to generate insights that were previously impossible to uncover. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, oncology biopharma companies, as well as the FDA and the NCI.
At Flatiron Health, our people come first. Bright, curious and passionate people make what we do possible. We’re a diverse team of software engineers, quantitative scientists, oncologists, product managers, designers, and visionaries – all from different industries and backgrounds working together to take on cancer. We hire A+ talent and invest in their long-term career growth.
When you join Flatiron, you will be given the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where learning and being challenged allows you to grow and develop skills that have an impact on our strategies and our mission “to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient.”
We are searching for a Director of Internal Communications. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who will create and execute internal communications strategies, plans, and content. The candidate must be a team player who thrives in a very fast-paced environment, skilled at both creative thinking and tactical execution in the communications space. This role will report directly to the Chief People Officer and work closely with the Co-Founders and leaders across the business.
- Lead the development and execution of an integrated, strategic internal communications program that aligns with Flatiron’s business priorities and values to help shape employee engagement and culture
- Evaluate sources, infrastructure, and methodologies currently used to deliver employee communications, and designs a holistic communications platform
- Design, edit and oversee the distribution of internal communication materials via company newsletters, intranet, emails/memos, webcasts, employee meetings, etc.
- Part of a small team responsible for managing content, program and speakers for company events including the annual All Hands meeting, monthly [email protected] meetings and Flatiron Presents speaker series
- Partner with business leaders to help communicate changes to business strategy and share key wins/milestones with the company as part of broader efforts to keep employees educated about our business
- Develop standards and guidelines for style and content
- Use creative storytelling methods to bring out an authentic company voice across emails, videos, presentations, and other communications
- Implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of communication strategies
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; master’s degree in relevant field preferred
- 12-15 years experience in communications
- Deep experience designing and delivering internal communications for a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, as well as verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex topics from multiple angles, and translate those concepts into understandable and creative narratives
- Must possess excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
- Thrives on getting things done both quickly and accurately
- A team player with a “can do attitude”, with the ability to forge great relationships across the organization
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced people manager, with a proven ability to influence others
- Experience utilizing Microsoft SharePoint to create and manage web content