Director of Internal Communications at AlphaSights
Who We Are
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 700+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
Who You Are
You are a driven, articulate and creative mid-level Internal Communications expert ready to take the next step in your career: helping a rapidly scaling company articulate and tell its story. You are excited to be working closely with a global, founder-led leadership team in developing our story and taking ownership over AlphaSights’ communications plan. You are passionate about conceiving and driving initiatives that further strengthen our culture and enhance employee engagement. You’re ready to be recruiting, mentoring and developing junior colleagues and to eventually run your own team globally.
Working closely with our leadership team, you will have full ownership of AlphaSights’ internal communications strategy and execution. By creating and executing thought-through, well-articulated communications initiatives, you will help us broadcast our value proposition, strategic initiatives and tactical playbooks to our global employee base. To ensure that the key messages are disseminated consistently worldwide, you will have the opportunity to develop a global function with your own team members in our other key offices.
- Work with senior management to further shape the narrative around our vision, mission and core values, helping us retain our unique culture and employee experience as a competitive advantage as AlphaSights continues to scale
- Conduct regular internal sentiment surveys to identify key issues that need addressing
- Source, write, and curate content focused on enhancing employee engagement globally (sharing knowledge and providing resources, tools and news to global
- Work with senior functional leaders to further develop and activate a systematic internal communications strategy to support the continuous rollout of best practices across multiple domains (HR, marketing, client service, compliance, etc.)
- Work with the global recruitment teams to advance the firm’s presence on social media and on campus
- Manage and develop junior colleagues both locally and in other offices with the goal of building out a global communications function
- Manage and develop all internal communications channels and tools (Slack, intranet, quarterly town halls, etc.)
- Coordinate the production of graphics, videos and photography using both internal and external resources
Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in an internal corporate communications, employee engagement and culture, marketing/brand communications, media relations or related position at a high-growth or professional services firm
- Prior team leadership experience desirable
- High-energy self-starter, proactively spotting vacuums and taking the initiative - thrives in a fast-paced, challenging and dynamic environment
- Confident in organizing and leading initiatives alongside senior stakeholders
- Solid command of social media in a professional setting and leveraging social media/viral messaging as part of a broader communications strategy
- Excellent linguistic skills, copy accuracy and proven ability to create engaging content
- Ability to manage various projects in parallel and adhere to strict deadlines