Director of Inventory Strategy & Operations
Compass is a technology-driven real estate platform that provides comprehensive brokerage services, combining exceptional agents with thoughtfully crafted digital products to make the process of buying, selling, or renting a home intelligent, deliberate, and seamless.
We are looking for a Director to own the planning, execution and delivery of business processes, systems and tools from concept to launch. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in the planning, execution and management of complex enterprise systems and infrastructure projects, working with both internal and external development teams and business users across the organization.
The Inventory Strategy team is one of the newest at Compass, and reports directly to Robert Reffkin, CEO. The Inventory Strategy team will own some of the highest profile and biggest bet initiatives that Compass has ever undertaken. As Director on this team, you will manage a group of high-performers to drive progress on one of our most important “moonshot” type bets.
- Develop and own the process and mechanisms for end-user feedback, input, prioritization and stakeholder reviews for projects and initiatives
- Work closely with and provide counsel to the Head of Inventory regarding moonshot strategy and execution
- Take ownership of highly strategic, complex, and impactful special programs which demonstrably impact the ongoing success of the Compass platform
- Drive/lead project development, implementation and standardization efforts
- Where appropriate, leverage subject matter experts to provide leadership/direction across various initiatives
- 5+ years of experience in program management, expansion, or general management or a similar leadership role managing large-scale enterprise-wide initiatives
- Track record of success in a high growth / startup environment a major plus
- Experience managing business systems infrastructure at scale; collaborating with engineers, product managers and business stakeholders to secure resources, scope efforts, set priorities and milestones, and drive delivery
- Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute large business and technical projects; able to articulate rationale for making difficult trade-offs
- Ability to effectively gather and prioritize user requirements from disparate sources, going beyond users requests to get to key user needs, and the ability to rationalize across and resolve stakeholder differences
- Strong consensus and relationship-building skills; excellent written and oral communication skills
- An ability to lead by influencing others, without the need to project formal authority, especially in cross-functional and executive settings
- MBA preferred
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.