Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations at Yext
The customer journey starts with a question. And consumers expect answers. Yext puts businesses in control of their facts online with brand-verified answers in search. By serving accurate, consistent, brand-verified answers to consumer questions, Yext delivers authoritative information straight from the source — the business itself — no matter where or how customers are searching. Taco Bell, Marriott, Jaguar Land Rover, and businesses around the globe use the Yext platform to capture consumer intent and drive digital discovery, engagement, and revenue — all from a single source of truth. Yext’s mission is to provide perfect answers everywhere.
We are looking for a Director, IT Infrastructure and Operations to own our internal infrastructure and manage platform reliability and incident management of our deployment platform and supporting services. As the owner of IT Operations, you will manage our global help desk, IT infrastructure engineering, tools and devices used in the organization as well as corresponding budgets. This role will also proactively identify opportunities to improve IT resource efficiency/output and our internal customer experience. Initially, this role will be focused on Operations and End-User services and then will expand to include corporate network operations at a later time.
You will provide leadership and strategic direction to the company’s IT Infrastructure teams, including IT Architecture, Systems, Desktop Operations and End User services.
- Driving the implementation, development and adherence to Yext infrastructure strategy and roadmap.
- Highly technical with a foundation preferably in IT Architecture or Operations; ability to work hands-on, if necessary.
- Ability to conceptualize technology vision, enabling innovation and understanding IT infrastructure trends that can create business value and reduce overall costs.
- Exceptional professionalism, integrity, dedication, high level of energy, excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and relationship building/management skills.
- Coach and mentor staff, provide and strive for constant feedback and improvement, create annual tasks and standards for the staff, complete annual performance reviews.
- Monitor and maintain desktop services throughout the organization, assigning resources to ensure operations.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory operations such as Change controls, quarterly SOX/SOC2 sign offs, and any other process reviews.
- Where required, manage renewal/upgrades with local vendors by working with Procurement Team.
- Review of monthly OPEX charges to ensure financial accuracy.
- Ensure our internal services, company systems and devices are secure and up to date with the latest security measures
- Help with Zendesk optimization, rationalize collaboration tools, standardize document management tools, and with the assessment and implementation of a VOIP system
- Deliver world-class end-user support, provision equipment and user accounts, manage 3rd party vendor software across the company for internal IT
- Procuring Equipment & hardware based on headcount estimates from FP&A
- Develop & maintain SLA for Desktop Support Team
- Create and Execute IT support plans for Company-wide events and new facilities
- Work collaboratively with the Product and Engineering teams that own and drive the company's Infrastructure and Networking.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent degree / similar college level education
- 10+ years of professional IT experience, 5+ years technical leadership running Infrastructure & Operations;
- Experience managing all infrastructure functions within a growing organization.
- Must be customer service oriented and use metrics, feedback, and analytics to continuously improve data center and corporate technology services;
- Strong familiarity with Mac OSX and Windows 10
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP and Wireless technologies
- Basic familiarity with Linux/Unix command line tools
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Proven ability to manage critical projects with limited direct supervision
- Excellent communication skills with a consistent desire to help and empower colleagues
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, and excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well and offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, and collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune and Great Place to Work®, as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Miami, Milan, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, Tokyo and the Washington, D.C. area.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.